Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated. They all go to the Attic server fees and upkeep

Thank you for your donation.

Featured Art

March Art Winners!

The Big Picture Thread

* 11minutes 42second render by Llola Lane

+++++++

+++++++

Fantasy Faes

Rainy Nights by DreamWeaver

+++++++

ss-Alien by Sanbie

+++++++

Winners get to choose [1] item from this link: Sponsors Showcase

Members
  • Total Members: 163
  • Latest: mauduit
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9224
  • Total Topics: 476
  • Online Today: 4
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: April 2024 Show Off Thread = Architecture  (Read 1070 times)

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
Re: April 2024 Show Off Thread = Architecture
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2024, 07:46:02 PM »
Here is the revised version of the Courtyard.  I changed the lighting using a light orange shader light (still wanting to keep the arches mostly white) and changing the angle of the distant light.  The orange light brought better texture appearance to all of the stone; a good trick to remember.

That looks tons better. Using a 'back' light of the opposite color spectrum of the front 'tint' light would highlight the edges and indentations even more. I had suggested 20%, but even 5% would work. Does the stone work have a bump map?

Offline jammixx

• Some things have to be believed to be seen
  • Making it further
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2024, 11:51:04 PM »
   I'm done playing with this one, but point well taken.Thanks

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2024, 01:40:42 AM »
   I'm done playing with this one, but point well taken.Thanks

haa.. I feel for ya.. sometimes ya just gotta say DONE and move on... LOL.  you have more patience than I do... Thanks for sharing your progress Jammixx.  :)

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2024, 02:44:35 AM »
Hi all.
Had been planning on posting some more, maybe even something new, but have ended up getting Covid for the second time so am now stuck in bed feeling miserable.
Going to be a while before I am back at the computer and able to do anything

Offline jammixx

• Making it further
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2024, 04:16:22 AM »
   Sorry to hear about that.  I had long covid that went from October to Christmas then got it again (new strain) a week later.  Get a Paxlovid shot at the pharmacy as soon as you can.  (depending on where you are you  need a doctor order.)  I wound up in the hospital.
    Be well soon.    :bedtime2:

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2024, 11:47:30 AM »
Quick recovery DreamWeaver!  Hugzzzzzzzz..

Wise words Jammixx... Don't wanna end up in the hospital!

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2024, 06:49:53 PM »
   Sorry to hear about that.  I had long covid that went from October to Christmas then got it again (new strain) a week later.  Get a Paxlovid shot at the pharmacy as soon as you can.  (depending on where you are you  need a doctor order.)  I wound up in the hospital.
    Be well soon.    :bedtime2:
Yeah this is the second time having covid for me and I already have a pre-existing chronic illness very like long covid, unfortunately, that also means I can't risk the shots either as the last one I had caused problems, Bit of a rock and a hard place, luckerly I don't seem to be as sick this time round. For now I am just babying myself a bit and focusing on getting rehydrated and food

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2024, 06:51:57 PM »
Quick recovery DreamWeaver!  Hugzzzzzzzz..

Wise words Jammixx... Don't wanna end up in the hospital!
Thanks, unfortunately, I don't tend to recover fast from even the common cold but I need to be back on my feet by the weekend cause I am meant to be going to a concert

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2024, 11:45:59 PM »
Thanks, unfortunately, I don't tend to recover fast from even the common cold but I need to be back on my feet by the weekend cause I am meant to be going to a concert

Got'cha ;)  Hope you can make the concert... Keep us posted... Hugzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline jammixx

• Making it further
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2024, 12:39:52 AM »
On a lighter note, here is a quick render I did when I was hallucinating that the April topic was "Plant".  The Face Plant!

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2024, 12:42:58 PM »
On a lighter note, here is a quick render I did when I was hallucinating that the April topic was "Plant".  The Face Plant!
LOL!

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
  • Life is a camera,What you focus on will develop
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2024, 03:29:22 AM »

Just the wrong thread Jammixx...it's LL challenge...

2024 Render a Month challenge (pfdlives.com)

APR=PLANT ... (NO JOKE!!!) LOL....  Post'em when ya creat'em!!!

Offline jammixx

• Making it further
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2024, 01:07:16 AM »
Here's a portrait rendered last night.

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2024, 01:28:21 AM »
Yeah...you could be right...my video card is non existent lol
Wish our prices for video cards were as cheap as yours...on my other computer...that went to a horrible death...I brought a mid good video card...and that cost me over $340.

If you have an older desktop computer, I probably have a used video card I could give you. I have probably a dozen decent graphics cards that I don't need. They range from a 'Rage Pro Turbo' from 1997, to a 'GeForce FX5200' purchased in 2009 (which I used for my promo images up until 2017). But, not all will work with any motherboard. I would need to know the brand and model number of your motherboard to know if I got one that will fit. PM me if interested.

* The image can still be classified 'Architecture', right?

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2024, 05:10:59 AM »
Here is a little something I cooked up just for this, a nice homely kitchen scene

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2024, 01:45:27 PM »
If you have an older desktop computer, I probably have a used video card I could give you. I have probably a dozen decent graphics cards that I don't need. They range from a 'Rage Pro Turbo' from 1997, to a 'GeForce FX5200' purchased in 2009 (which I used for my promo images up until 2017). But, not all will work with any motherboard. I would need to know the brand and model number of your motherboard to know if I got one that will fit. PM me if interested.

In truth, it is called "architecture" in most circles I communicate with. Even my Computer Professor at college called it that! Yes this fits the theme of the challenge, and yes, interesting photos that you shot yourself are allowed.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2024, 01:52:13 PM »
Here is a little something I cooked up just for this, a nice homely kitchen scene
Excellent! Nice to see you competing. I was hoping someone would do a home scene! I love it!

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2024, 03:06:27 PM »

Mine is not a desktop computer...I have no idea what it's called...I will take a photo and send it to you...

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2024, 05:15:21 PM »

That is very well done and looks natural. Nice job. What program did you use?

If this is still a work in progress... I might recommend scaling up the house portion (walls, window and door piece) to maybe 105%. Or enough that the widow sill is just above the top of the stove. That is, if the stove is a separate prop.

On the other hand, you could take my critique with a grain of salt. I tend to see easy fixes to achieve better realism and butt in where I shouldn't. Carry on.

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2024, 05:27:52 PM »
Studio01 Interior

Sorry my images are so small. I tend to use sizes that will work best displayed on a webpage or for store promo images.

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2024, 05:39:37 PM »
That is very well done and looks natural. Nice job. What program did you use?

If this is still a work in progress... I might recommend scaling up the house portion (walls, window and door piece) to maybe 105%. Or enough that the widow sill is just above the top of the stove. That is, if the stove is a separate prop.

On the other hand, you could take my critique with a grain of salt. I tend to see easy fixes to achieve better realism and butt in where I shouldn't. Carry on.
Thanks. The render is Daz Iray and the modeling was done in Silo, pretty much everything is morphing/moveable, stove dials, light switches the works. The house is purposely small as it was meant to be a tiny house type of three rooms and a loft bedroom above the kitchen/bathroom making for low ceilings.
I put it up as a gift in a couple of the annual giveaways at Fantasy Attic and have been slowly working on a slightly bigger one, with stairs to the loft rather than a ladder, that I will probably sell.
I do suspect that the scale is slightly off though as when I did it I was still working out the best setting to use to export things to Daz 

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2024, 05:50:54 PM »
Thanks. The render is Daz Iray and the modeling was done in Silo, pretty much everything is morphing/moveable, stove dials, light switches the works. The house is purposely small as it was meant to be a tiny house type of three rooms and a loft bedroom above the kitchen/bathroom making for low ceilings.
I put it up as a gift in a couple of the annual giveaways at Fantasy Attic and have been slowly working on a slightly bigger one, with stairs to the loft rather than a ladder, that I will probably sell.
I do suspect that the scale is slightly off though as when I did it I was still working out the best setting to use to export things to Daz
Dream... I got TINY HOUSE with your artwork ... it's perfect feel.. I watch a lot of TINY HOUSE specials on Home and Garden TV... Some of them even hubby would have a hard time walking through the doorways.. and he's about 5' 6"... Not sure I could live in one permanently though... Not with 4 cats and all our STUFF... lol

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2024, 07:01:44 PM »
Dream... I got TINY HOUSE with your artwork ... it's perfect feel.. I watch a lot of TINY HOUSE specials on Home and Garden TV... Some of them even hubby would have a hard time walking through the doorways.. and he's about 5' 6"... Not sure I could live in one permanently though... Not with 4 cats and all our STUFF... lol
Thanks. I think I could live in a Tiny house provided it had been well thought out/custom built to what I need. I was actually seriously looking into it at one point and had been working on down sizing all my stuff. The biggest problems for me would be the books and computer space lol

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2024, 12:19:53 AM »

I didn't realize that you created the mesh. Some very nice detail and appreciate it when other creators offer lots of options to their products. I like the fact that you included window sills.

I too had issues with scaling to Daz/Poser when I got started. One of the first props I made was the 'Height Guide' which allowed me to save out the object files at different scaling until I found the right one. I use an obscure 3D modeller called Metasequoia for all my models and write all the control files by hand.

The wife knows when I creating a new model, because I am running around with a measuring tape and note pad.

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2024, 12:23:13 AM »
Thanks. I think I could live in a Tiny house provided it had been well thought out/custom built to what I need. I was actually seriously looking into it at one point and had been working on down sizing all my stuff. The biggest problems for me would be the books and computer space lol

The 'Sunflyer' RV (the real one) has severed me well as a second home away from home.

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2024, 09:05:54 PM »
I didn't realize that you created the mesh. Some very nice detail and appreciate it when other creators offer lots of options to their products. I like the fact that you included window sills.

I too had issues with scaling to Daz/Poser when I got started. One of the first props I made was the 'Height Guide' which allowed me to save out the object files at different scaling until I found the right one. I use an obscure 3D modeller called Metasequoia for all my models and write all the control files by hand.

The wife knows when I creating a new model, because I am running around with a measuring tape and note pad.
Hehe I tend to almost go overboard on details at times, you should see some of the English country cottages/houses I have been working on.
LOL glad to hear I am not the only one that runs round the house with the tape measure to get the sizes right

Offline DanaTA

• Got There!
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2024, 01:19:56 AM »
Just want to jump in for a moment to say...

Happy Birthday, Llola Lane!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2024, 02:45:02 AM »
:urbday: :party2: :balloons3: :blowcandles: Hope yours is a Happy One!

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2024, 03:17:38 AM »
I thought her birthday had already been?????

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2024, 03:25:40 AM »
She'll let us know.