Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated. They all go to the Attic server fees and upkeep

Thank you for your donation.

Featured Art

February 2024 Art Winners!

Sorry nobody was home.

+++++++
Red Guardian and Battle Mech
+++++++
Llola's Render A Month Area

PFD Dance 01 by SimonJM

Please click link to see image since it is animated.

Winners get to choose [1] item from this link: Sponsors Showcase
Members
  • Total Members: 163
  • Latest: mauduit
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9032
  • Total Topics: 474
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Author Topic: September Show Off Thread 2022  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
September Show Off Thread 2022
« on: September 01, 2022, 01:29:04 AM »
Welcome to the September Show Off Thread 2022. Post all of your wonderful art here for our members to see and comment about. Please remember to keep your images PG, as children can view this thread.
OK, now for the Monthly Challenge:
"Fashion Throw Together"
From whatever clothing packs you have in your content choose one item from each pack of however many pieces of clothing your character will wear. Say it's a Skirt from one pack, a top from another, stockings from another, shoes or boots from another, etc. See what you can come up with, assembling an outfit using one item from each of several different clothing packs. Also, try using odd textures on the clothing items. It does not have to look pretty, but it does have to look interesting. Maybe you'll start a fashion trend!
Of course other type of images are always welcome in this thread, so post 'em when you got 'em.
To start this one off, here is my first one for the month.
Her Favorite Tree Has Fallen
Kittyalways loved climbing in the old dead tree. She would climb as high as she could get, and roost on one of the top branches. There she could watch the area with a view from above.
Today she discovered her favorite tree was no longer standing! It had fallen sometime during the night, while Kitty was indoors! Now she is wondering what she's going to climb from now on! Kitty is not happy!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
Re: September Show Off Thread 2022
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 01:46:44 AM »
got it bookmarked!!!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 09:41:56 PM »
Okay, I got one done that fits the challenge.

I created a character I named Teen Sarah 6 using Genesis 2 Female(s).
Teen Sarah is sixteen today, and her parents are proud because she passed her Pilot's License Test with Flying Colors! They bought her a spacecraft. She is so excited to have her own personal spacecraft to fly, and she is putting it through its paces, meanwhile having lots of fun doing so. Soon she will go find her boyfriend, so she can show her PocketStar off for him. She knows he will be super surprised that she got the very craft she wanted for so long. He has a BotMoto, which he bought himself when he got his pre-inheritance. The two of them will be having lots of fun together, as they operate their vehicles together. His cannot go into space, but hers can. He might get a bit jealous because of that.

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
  • 3D Addicted and Freebie Queen
    • Saphirewild's Instagram
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 09:03:31 PM »
Here is my fun render with mix and match clothing from GF2!!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 01:03:06 AM »
Kitbash is a great idea... I'll work something for that later... in the meantime I'm still trying to get Aiko3 to look more human and less cartoony... I think I'm slowly getting there.  I put a V3 skin on her and she's looking a little better... Found the Realistic Morphs... Used the running Aiko.  She renders fast with Iray... only a few moments.  ENJOY!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 11:28:16 PM »
I think we are back???

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
  • Poser12, PSP2019 Ultimate, Daz Studio
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 11:47:06 PM »
I cleared off my avatar to see if I can get a post to post.

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 11:50:06 PM »
I can't post with an attachment.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 11:53:26 PM »
I can't upload... get error message... The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved... DA must be still working on stuff.  I'll try again tomorrow :)  At least we can chat... Hope everyone has been well. Hugzzzzzzz

Offline Wizzard

• Making it further
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 12:16:47 PM »
Well, I can get back in finally.  Things will be restored\replaced soonest.  Trust our Mary, and send her luv.  8 )
Cheers
Life could be a dream,
It can be like a paradise up above.....

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 12:48:18 PM »
<--waves to Wizzard... YAY... glad to see you returned.  How ya been?

Offline Wizzard

• Making it further
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 12:59:32 PM »
Not too bad oe'erall. Health holding, finances laughable. heart strong.  Pup still wakes me up in the morn.
Hows about you?
Life could be a dream,
It can be like a paradise up above.....

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 01:37:04 PM »
I just tried an attachment about ten minutes ago, and still no go. Yes, DA is still working on it. Lots of things to do when switching to a different host. At least that's what I think we are in the process of.
Seems we've lost a third of the month already, so I'm extending the challenge over into October's thread when it gets here. I want to ADD a challenge to that one, in which the challenge is actually two challenges for the same image. So it will be the Kit Bash Clothing and Textures challenge, plus another challenge, to be in each challenge image. But that will be in October. For now we stich to the Kit Bash Challenge I setup in the first post of this September Showoff Thread.
As we cannot post images at this time, I would like to ask for suggestions as to what the second challenge in October can be. If you wish it, we can have a vote on which one will be added.
Cheers To All!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 08:19:58 PM »
Not too bad oe'erall. Health holding, finances laughable. heart strong.  Pup still wakes me up in the morn.
Hows about you?
Just "peachie" here in Ohio... Glad to be back with everyone... Now if we can just get to postin' everything will be "peachie keen"  lol

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 05:18:04 PM »
OK, this is to test the attachment feature for the PFD forum. Hopefully it will actually post the image this time. Already tested this three times just yesterday. (Fingers Crossed!)

YT Julie in Kit Bash Outfit
This is Young Teen Julie, for Genesis. I even did a kit bash on her, by using a skin and makeup texture set from another character, and eye textures from yet another character. Her outfit is comprised of a top from one clothing pack for Genesis, her skirt from another clothing pack for Genesis, and her boots from yet another. I created my own shaders for the outfit, which I will be developing further until I can make a set of shaders for DAZ Studio. I will be giving my cloth shaders the name 'Tech Cloth' collectively. There will also be a set of leather shaders which will be named 'Tech Leather' collectively. These Shaders will be able to be used on any clothing, or even other models, because they are Shaders.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2022, 05:47:19 PM »
To all members of PFDLives:
The attachment feature is now working again! Hallelujah!!!
As we are more than a third of the way into September, I am extending the current challenge into October, so that October will have a Double Challenge which should be included in each image you want to fit the challenge. I wish to ask you all to make suggestions for what to add to our October Double Challenge. We will then do a quick vote on what to add to the Kit Bash Challenge. This won't be for this month, but the current challenge will continue. The following is to reiterate what the challenge for September is.
Reminder
"Fashion Throw Together"
From whatever clothing packs you have in your content choose one item from each pack of however many pieces of clothing your character will wear. Say it's a Skirt from one pack, a top from another, stockings from another, shoes or boots from another, etc. See what you can come up with, assembling an outfit using one item from each of several different clothing packs. Also, try using odd textures on the clothing items. It does not have to look pretty, but it does have to look interesting. Maybe you'll start a fashion trend!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2022, 08:54:53 PM »
YAY.. I see the artwork Agent... Well done!

I am fine with whatever you decide for the challenge next month.  I've not had time to do a kitbash cause I'm working on gifts for the holiday gift page at FA.  That will probably take up most of my time for the next month... plus Daz challenges... and my own.

In the mean time... Here's a little tease of one of my Gift packages... hint... the textures are all mine ;) 

ENJOY!

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2022, 07:37:54 AM »
I made this for Septembers Freebie Contest at Daz 3D!!

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 07:40:16 AM »
I made this from the amazing bundle I got for free!!

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2022, 07:42:12 AM »
Another Mix and Match outfit for GF3 this time!!

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2022, 07:48:01 AM »
I think your textures are amazing Llola!!
I would love to have them for sure!!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2022, 12:28:49 PM »
I think your textures are amazing Llola!!
I would love to have them for sure!!

Thanks Saph... and I even made them shaders in Daz!!!  Not sure when DA will post it as a gift so... waiiiitt for it!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiitttt!!!  lol

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2022, 12:44:14 AM »
Another Mix and Match outfit for GF3 this time!!
Seeing all of your new images makes me happy that we are back. This one is an excellent kit bash for Genesis 3 Females. Very well done!

Offline DanaTA

• Got There!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2022, 07:37:37 PM »
Hello, everyone!  Nice to see images again!  Still can't get on with my computer, but it's fine with the Fire tablet.  I was hoping the new server would make a difference, but no. 

Be well, everyone!

Dana

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2022, 01:40:39 AM »
Hello, everyone!  Nice to see images again!  Still can't get on with my computer, but it's fine with the Fire tablet.  I was hoping the new server would make a difference, but no. 

Be well, everyone!

Dana

<--wavezzzzzzzzz to the teeny tiny Dana... I was able to read your type in the response window... So sorry you can't get on with your computer but sure glad you have a plan B :)  You also... be well... Llola Hugzzzzzzzz

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2022, 03:34:07 PM »
Let's try this again... a couple of images I created this month...

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2022, 04:11:24 PM »
excellent renders, Kathryn! I got Amalthea also, but she's HD, so my renders are slow on my PC. Will get one up of her soon.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2022, 07:18:10 PM »
Hi gang... I see your artwork Kathryn... so glad we are back and running.  I have been trying to get my artwork to render faster... and I'm having some luck.  Peeps over at one of the Daz forums are helping me... Now I'm gonna really give my new graphics card a working.  ;)  Just you all wait!  lol

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 07:56:53 PM »
I can see we've gotten stagnate again (sighs)... Sorry for being quiet... but... I finally worked out how to get my computer to render faster... turned out I needed to update my graphics card!  duhh... New computer and it needed updating... I guess not so new... I realized I've had it for a year and have been missing out on so much.  I think the last update from Daz is what did me in.  Didn't realize I need to update... Oh well.. done... Now I'm having fun... again :)

Anyway.. these artworks are from the first half of the month challenge over at Daz... Tiny Things... No winners...

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 07:59:57 PM »
Rendered for Daz+ Inspiration Contest - August 31, 2022 - September 13, 2022

ENJOY!