Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated. They all go to the Attic server fees and upkeep

Thank you for your donation.

Featured Art

March Art Winners!

The Big Picture Thread

* 11minutes 42second render by Llola Lane

+++++++

+++++++

Fantasy Faes

Rainy Nights by DreamWeaver

+++++++

ss-Alien by Sanbie

+++++++

Winners get to choose [1] item from this link: Sponsors Showcase

Members
  • Total Members: 163
  • Latest: mauduit
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9200
  • Total Topics: 476
  • Online Today: 1
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4

Author Topic: June Showoff Thread 2022  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
Re: June Showoff Thread 2022
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2022, 10:52:16 AM »
To my way of thinking DreamWeaver, your image fits the challenge perfectly. You not only have wheels in there, you have a wheelchair; which is a type of vehicle, even if it is human powered. Well done, and a good way to think outside of the box!
 :bravo12: :yes: :clap: :yahoo: :HappyDance:

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2022, 03:45:14 AM »
To my way of thinking DreamWeaver, your image fits the challenge perfectly. You not only have wheels in there, you have a wheelchair; which is a type of vehicle, even if it is human powered. Well done, and a good way to think outside of the box!
 :bravo12: :yes: :clap: :yahoo: :HappyDance:
Thanks Agent, the plants and the hospital props were freebies and two of the inspiration items. When I saw them I remembered I had the West Park set and thought the three would make an interesting render

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2022, 12:13:53 PM »
Well done Agent... I'm still jealous you can make things... ;)

I forgot about that one Dream... it goes great with the vehicle theme too.  Well done ;)

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2022, 02:27:01 PM »
My first 3D application ever was MS Office PowerPoint 2007. I got the Student version of MS Office, as I was in college at the time. I dug deep into PowerPoint, and discovered things that were possible in it that allowed me to create 3D models. I could only use those models in PowerPoint to make the images, but my Computer Professor was amazed that I found something he did not know about in the app. Before I graduated from college, I had discovered DAZ 3D in a search for 3D art programs. Bryce 7.1 Pro was available for free, and I snatched it up fast. So using it, I got into modeling the Bryce way, and did pretty good. I could not get the materials to export intact with exported models, and it took me a while to learn why. While Bryce can use those materials and make them look great, it has no UV Mapper built in. Without UV Maps, materials won't work well with exporting.
DAZ then put up the offer of a bundle that included Bryce 7.1 Pro, Hexagon 2.5, and DAZ Studio 4.0, all for free! Of course I grabbed the bundle, even though I already had Bryce 7.1 Pro. I was disappointed with Hexagon, and found another free 3D application that included modeling and a UV Mapper; Blender (cannot recall the version). Blender proved to be rather difficult as well, but at least the modeling was easier to understand. Then I discovered Wings3D.
Wings3D is the easiest modeling app I have ever found, and it is always free, just like Blender. It has a much different approach in use, based on context sensitive menus that depend on which mode you are currently working with. The modes are General (all four icons highlighted), Body, Face, Edge, and Vertex. Each mode has its own popup menu, accessed by right clicking on the mouse. In Body mode you can find the UV Mapping tool, which will bring up another window to give you the choices of how you wish to UV Map the selected model. Once that choice is made you will get the Map window itself, which can allow you to arrange your map the way you want it.
The latest version of Wings3D includes Boolean Test in Body mode, which has three different ways to do Boolean operations.

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2022, 04:29:04 PM »
Well done Agent... I'm still jealous you can make things... ;)

I forgot about that one Dream... it goes great with the vehicle theme too.  Well done ;)

Eh for some reason I am no longer getting email notifications about posts here 

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2022, 06:50:29 PM »

Eh for some reason I am no longer getting email notifications about posts here

That happens to me too... if I don't post or look at the thread for a few days... Maybe it's doing the same thing for you?

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2022, 06:51:43 PM »
I'll have to look at Wings again Agent... but right now I'm pressed for time... It's summer here and we plan on doing some camping... IF... it ever gets below 90degrees again... whew... (fans self)

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2022, 09:05:33 PM »
That happens to me too... if I don't post or look at the thread for a few days... Maybe it's doing the same thing for you?
Nope didn't get a notify of your post, had to come and check

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2022, 09:08:11 PM »
I'll have to look at Wings again Agent... but right now I'm pressed for time... It's summer here and we plan on doing some camping... IF... it ever gets below 90degrees again... whew... (fans self)
I use Silo for my modeling, its great how they have got it back into development now and have added to it without compromising its simplicity.
Hehe and here I am waiting for it to be warm enough to consider a night in a tent

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2022, 11:53:53 AM »
I know about the email lag. For example, I got 2 from PFDLives June Showoff Thread 2022 since my last post. Obviously there are a few more posts than that in this thread. This is what I have been getting for several months from here as well as other sites, including The Fantasies Attic. I think it's something to do with the internet itself.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2022, 12:11:15 PM »
I use Silo for my modeling, its great how they have got it back into development now and have added to it without compromising its simplicity.
Hehe and here I am waiting for it to be warm enough to consider a night in a tent
I think Silo isn't free... not sure how much it is... But I'm not paying for something I'm not sure I will use anymore... I've got quite a few programs that I've spent money on... and never use :(... Lots of them won't even work with the newest version of windows.  All that money lost.  (sighs)... I guess I'll keep playing with Hexagon... Little by little I am learning it... slooooooooowly (I've got an old woman brain now)  lol

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2022, 04:46:26 PM »
I think Silo isn't free... not sure how much it is... But I'm not paying for something I'm not sure I will use anymore... I've got quite a few programs that I've spent money on... and never use :(... Lots of them won't even work with the newest version of windows.  All that money lost.  (sighs)... I guess I'll keep playing with Hexagon... Little by little I am learning it... slooooooooowly (I've got an old woman brain now)  lol
No Silo is not free but is its one of the cheapest paid for modeling apps out there, I totally get not wanting to spend money on something you might look at once and never use again so if you have something free that will do what you want go hard  :hug2:

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2022, 04:49:20 PM »
I know about the email lag. For example, I got 2 from PFDLives June Showoff Thread 2022 since my last post. Obviously there are a few more posts than that in this thread. This is what I have been getting for several months from here as well as other sites, including The Fantasies Attic. I think it's something to do with the internet itself.
I am not getting any at all from here Agent, get all the ones from the Attic and elsewhere with no lag but here its nothing not even a few days late, just nada. No matter I have pinned PFD to the book mark bar and will just manually check in now and then  :hug:

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2022, 04:50:55 PM »
Now that I have derailed things completely I'll try to help get back on track with another render I did for the Daz Inspiration contest

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2022, 07:08:28 PM »
DreamWeaver, your latest image sparked a notion in my head. Books can be a type of vehicle that take you on a journey, either adventurous, or educational, among other things. Well done!

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2022, 10:54:53 PM »
DreamWeaver, your latest image sparked a notion in my head. Books can be a type of vehicle that take you on a journey, either adventurous, or educational, among other things. Well done!
Hah! You are right Agent! Never really occurred to me when I posted but yes reading a book can take you anywhere

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2022, 11:34:11 PM »
No Silo is not free but is its one of the cheapest paid for modeling apps out there, I totally get not wanting to spend money on something you might look at once and never use again so if you have something free that will do what you want go hard  :hug2:
Do you happen to know how much it is??? I couldn't find a price.. only a free 2 week trial.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2022, 11:36:21 PM »
Good one Agent about books and their journey... Wonderful way of looking at the challenge.  (thumbzzzzzzzzzz up!)

Offline eblank99

• Vendor
  • Got There!
  • I Like DS :-)
    • My book covers
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2022, 01:23:58 AM »
Do you happen to know how much it is??? I couldn't find a price.. only a free 2 week trial.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/Silo_2/?

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2022, 01:26:49 AM »
Currently it $135.00 normally $159.00 but there are often sales and coupons than bring it even lower.

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2022, 01:27:52 AM »
https://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/Silo_2/?
The one on Steam is not the latest one, still a good place to start though

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2022, 10:59:42 AM »
Eeeep... $135 is a bit much for me right now... Thanks though... I'll still play with Hexagon... I'm learning it... bit by bit ;)  Got a few things in the works for the FA Holiday Gifts page this November and December... but... in the mean time... summer finally made it to Ohio and that means camping!  yay

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2022, 02:55:12 PM »
You can follow some tutos by Micheus Vieira for Wings3d. Simple but efficient. For example that one is for Chritmas time

He is kind of the guru for W3D. All his tutos for that program are here
https://www.youtube.com/c/MicheusVieira/search?query=wings

Otherwise, you have good infos (and written ones) here
http://www.wings3d.com/paulthepuzzles/aardvarks.html
DS3, Poser, Wings3d, PD Artist, FlowScape, Photoshop, Ivy Generator, Sculptris, DS4, Bryce... I can't choose! :)

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2022, 02:57:45 PM »
So, except for the FA monthly contest, I didn't do (and don't plan alas) to do a render this month to post.
The one below is from March, I only posted it last days on FA. IT's from my little story with toons.
https://www.thefantasiesattic.net/attic/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=42615

"Charivari in town (1)"

Toon Girl Sadie, by 3Duniverse (Daz3d)
Kiki Clothing Pack 2 - Sweet Dreams, by Lady LittleFox (Daz3d)
Dawg, on Mostdigitalcreations
Sweet Dreams, by Mada (on her site) [bed]
Little Corner: Antique Shop Addons, by Aelin (FRM exclusively)
Dreamcatcher, by Summoner (FRM)
DS3, Poser, Wings3d, PD Artist, FlowScape, Photoshop, Ivy Generator, Sculptris, DS4, Bryce... I can't choose! :)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2022, 03:34:01 PM »
Thanks for the linkies Aelin... With yours and Agents help I may yet learn Wings ;)

I'm really lovin' your stories with artwork.  Well done!  Sorry you have been too busy to post anything.  I'm busy renderin' for the Daz Summer Sale Contest.  busy... busy... :)

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2022, 09:41:57 AM »
Good one Agent about books and their journey... Wonderful way of looking at the challenge.  (thumbzzzzzzzzzz up!)
Was hoping someone would post an image this month with a book in use as part of the subject of the image. it was something a favorite teacher told her class when I was in school, and I took it to heart. Always was an avid reader from the time I first learned to read.

Interesting story about reading that I will tell you here.
Mom was a member of a mail order book club, and she got a set of encyclopedias (A-Z), and it came with another set of 10 books (produced by Colliers) that had several fictional stories in them plus several educational articles. I read every encyclopedia and every one of the ten bonus books cover to cover. By the time I was in the fourth grade, I had educated myself rather well. Granted, there were things I did not yet understand in each of those volumes, but there was a lot that brought me understanding as well. It was in the bonus set of books that I read "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass", my two favorite Fairytales.

One other thing I got into at that time was Comic Books. The first Comic Book I ever bought with my own money was "Spiderman 1", on the day it was first released. At that time, the Marvel name was not on the comics produced by that company, but the company did adopt the name later. I wish I still had that comic book in pristine condition, because "Spiderman 1" is the most valuable one for collectors of all time! If only I had known how much value it would gain through the years. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2022, 10:01:50 AM »
Llola, along with the tutorials mentioned by Aelin, you might also like those by David Brinnen. He helped my learn things about Wings3D I would never have discovered otherwise. He has a knack for figuring out ways to use the tools in Wings3D and in Bryce 7.1 Pro that can take your work to greater levels. I have learned a lot from him. He also makes his tutorials very easy to understand and follow.
Another person that has tutorials for Wings3D is V-ScorpianC (not sure if I got the spelling right on that). She also makes her tutorials easy to understand and follow.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2022, 01:13:28 PM »
Thanks Agent... This whole subject has DeJa Vue for me... lol.  Seems like we talked about all this a year or two back.  I still have the Wings3D loaded on my old computer which hubby now uses.  I'm sure all those tutorials are on it too.  I just don't have the time right now to learn anything new.  Maybe this winter... summer is here and we have camping/traveling to do... seems like other things are taking priority for me right now... I'm sure I'll dabble again.  Thanks one and all for your input. 

Last day for artwork... July starts tomorrow... I've only had time to post a render a day for Daz... I'm at Day #25... I'll post those when the contest is ended.  So for this month... I'm afraid I have no more postings.  Stay well everyone... See you in the July thread!!!  Hugzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2022, 11:03:57 AM »
To all members: The July Show Off Thread is up. Go here - https://www.pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8563.0
Hope my idea for the challenge is a good one.