Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated. They all go to the Attic server fees and upkeep

Thank you for your donation.

Featured Art

March Art Winners!

The Big Picture Thread

* 11minutes 42second render by Llola Lane

+++++++

+++++++

Fantasy Faes

Rainy Nights by DreamWeaver

+++++++

ss-Alien by Sanbie

+++++++

Winners get to choose [1] item from this link: Sponsors Showcase

Members
  • Total Members: 163
  • Latest: mauduit
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9193
  • Total Topics: 476
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Author Topic: June Showoff Thread 2022  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
June Showoff Thread 2022
« on: June 01, 2022, 01:54:18 AM »
Welcome to the June Showoff Thread! Post all of your wonderful images here for all of us to see and comment on. Remember to keep it PG, as kids can and do view these threads.
The June Challenge, should you wish to participate is to include a vehicle of any type in your scene. You may have as many other things as you wish for this challenge. The way you choose to include a vehicle will be completely up to you.

To get the thread off to a good start, I'm posting an image I did back in 2020, when I first got the Bot Moto product from DAZ. I had to do a mock advertisement for this one.

Bot Moto - The Most Exhilerating Ride Ever

Motorcycles have always been vehicles that offer a sense of freedom to their riders. Whether you are a man or a woman, if you are an afficianado, you know how it feels to be on the open road, wind in your hair, riding your motorized steed.

Now you can have that on the road or in the air, all in one ride...
Bot Moto! This is a bike that can cruise along the roads and trails with the best of the best; and if you want added fun, just flip a switch, and your Bot Moto transforms into a flying ride! In this mode you can travel even faster, for a ride that is more exhilarating than it has a right to be!

So head on down to your local Bot Moto dealer and get yours today!

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
  • Poser12, PSP2019 Ultimate, Daz Studio
Re: June Showoff Thread 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 02:18:25 PM »
Not on theme but something I came up with while recuperating...

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 11:07:58 PM »
I'm heeeeeeeeeeeere :)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 11:09:49 PM »
Great start Agent... hum... vehicles... humm... I'll think of something ;)

Glad you are getting better Kathryn... Love having you back sharing your art with us.  Well done!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 02:33:32 AM »
Gorgeous Fairy, Kathryn! Fairies are my favorite fantasy creature.
 :yes: :yes:

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 06:44:18 PM »
Got back into the site thanks to DA.. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to post again.  Here's another 2 images I created.. I can't remember if I had posted them or not.

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
  • 3D Addicted and Freebie Queen
    • Saphirewild's Instagram
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 07:21:36 PM »
I made these for the Daz+ Monthly contest
Here is the first one!

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »
The second one!

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 07:23:00 PM »
The third one!

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 07:24:10 PM »
The fourth one and last one!

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2022, 07:27:45 PM »
Great images Saphirewild. 

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2022, 07:54:52 PM »
Was testing out some shaders again!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2022, 02:05:45 AM »
Well done everyone... I guess I need to git my render on ;) 

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2022, 12:52:03 PM »
Since Thursday last week I've been at my nephews place. Just got home today. I had no way of accessing my email for the duration of the visit, and that is my one way into PFDLives, and the Fantasies Attic. So it is good to be back for a little while. Seeing the artworks of Kathryn and Saphirewild posted warms my heart. Thank you Ladies!
 :hug2: :HappyDance:

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2022, 03:45:01 PM »
Just something of mine, I have another scene waiting to render but am currently tied up with something else

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2022, 07:03:36 PM »
Just something of mine, I have another scene waiting to render but am currently tied up with something else

WOW... well done DreamWeaver... Loooooooooooovin' the cloud cover :)

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 12:30:02 PM »
DreamWeaver, your environment is spot on for this Dragon. I love how you overlapped the wing with foliage from the mountain top trees. It gives us a sense of depth in the image! Very well done! :yes: :thanky10:

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2022, 02:37:43 PM »
Credits:
Character- Wynnie by Maddelerium (eye colour from another MD character)
Outfit - Ava Adore by Aery-Soul
Ear Deco - Ear Wraps, Tribal Rites
Hair - Nefeli Hair by Mairy, plus3d, 3Dream
Pose - Look At Me Pose by luchlady

Some playing around with some of my older content...

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2022, 02:41:51 PM »
Oh Kathryn... you do such lovely work with your 'older' content ;)  I really need to brush the dust off some of mine... I have soooooooooo much that I've not worked into art... yet ;)

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2022, 03:11:10 PM »
Llola, I think we all have a lot of unused content. I know I do. Being a freebie nut, I tend to grab any free product I can use in my renders when I find them. Some are textures and poses for items that remain in my wish list at DAZ and other sites. Those, I need to get the items they are made for.

Kathryn, I love the way you do your renders to bring out the best look in the subjects of the images. As always yours is well done!
Thank you!
 :yes: :yes:

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2022, 03:43:26 PM »
Thanks Llola and Agent. All the background cloud is from the HDRI I used to light the scene with only a few actual cloud props at the front to blend the peaks in.
Agent I was trying to get the look and feel of the dragon flying between closely grouped peaks, high speed airial manovers kinda thing  :hug2: [size=78%] [/size]

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2022, 03:48:34 PM »
Thanks Llola and Agent. All the background cloud is from the HDRI I used to light the scene with only a few actual cloud props at the front to blend the peaks in.
Agent I was trying to get the look and feel of the dragon flying between closely grouped peaks, high speed airial manovers kinda thing  :hug2: [size=78%] [/size]

Oh Wow... What HDRI did you use?  are the clouds VDB?

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2022, 04:18:09 PM »
HDRI lighting is awesome, but some are so memory intensive that my PC cannot handle renders using them. I have perhaps two that can be used by me in DAZ Studio, the best being the FMEE Green Hills Sky Dome with HDRI. It won't allow X axis light aiming, but the lights is positioned to match the shadowing in the Sky Dome image. Y directional works by rotating the Lighting with the Sky Dome to keep everything matching with light direction. Z axis rotation is not any better than X axis rotation, so Y axis rotation is all that can be used successfully. All that said, the Green Hills product is still quite good looking. My other one is FMEE Sky Box 1 and 2, which are different versions of Sky Box. Both work a bit better than Green Hills as you get the mountain peak, and Dome Mountain textures in the background that can be rotated to match your own lights if you should choose to use those instead of the provided lights.
Now just today, I found in DAZ's latest freebies a couple of light sets that help with mood and style, to bring a sense of feeling to your renders. Can't wait to download, install, and test the new stuff! Apparently those two items were made for DAZ Studio 3 Advanced. That works in al later versions of DAZ Studio still so I grabbed them! :yes:
Funny how the discussion went to lighting around the same time I was grabbing those freebies at DAZ! AWESOME!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2022, 04:22:31 PM »
Agent I was trying to get the look and feel of the dragon flying between closely grouped peaks, high speed airial manovers kinda thing  :hug2:
You nailed it, DreamWeaver! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: <--- Your audience. (Multiply by 5,000).

Offline DanaTA

• Got There!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2022, 06:14:59 PM »
Nice renders, everyone!  As always, Erika's textures are great, too!

Dana

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2022, 06:33:43 PM »
Oh Wow... What HDRI did you use?  are the clouds VDB?
No VDB, I am still running DS4.15 and in no hurry to upgrade till its a bit more usable.
The HDRI was this one https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-clouds

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2022, 06:39:27 PM »
HDRI lighting is awesome, but some are so memory intensive that my PC cannot handle renders using them. I have perhaps two that can be used by me in DAZ Studio, the best being the FMEE Green Hills Sky Dome with HDRI. It won't allow X axis light aiming, but the lights is positioned to match the shadowing in the Sky Dome image. Y directional works by rotating the Lighting with the Sky Dome to keep everything matching with light direction. Z axis rotation is not any better than X axis rotation, so Y axis rotation is all that can be used successfully. All that said, the Green Hills product is still quite good looking. My other one is FMEE Sky Box 1 and 2, which are different versions of Sky Box. Both work a bit better than Green Hills as you get the mountain peak, and Dome Mountain textures in the background that can be rotated to match your own lights if you should choose to use those instead of the provided lights.
Now just today, I found in DAZ's latest freebies a couple of light sets that help with mood and style, to bring a sense of feeling to your renders. Can't wait to download, install, and test the new stuff! Apparently those two items were made for DAZ Studio 3 Advanced. That works in al later versions of DAZ Studio still so I grabbed them! :yes:
Funny how the discussion went to lighting around the same time I was grabbing those freebies at DAZ! AWESOME!
I have a few of the FMEE domes and HDRIs and they tend to be my go to for outside lighting. Like you for a while there I only had one or two I knew would actually work then I found a bunch of free ones and after working out how to load them into Daz's environment settings under the render tab had a lot more options, they however do not always work so well as backgrounds as the aspect ratio can be wildly off but there are ways round that too

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2022, 06:45:46 PM »
No VDB, I am still running DS4.15 and in no hurry to upgrade till its a bit more usable.
The HDRI was this one https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-clouds

Thanks... Can't believe I don't have that HDRI... thought I had them all... LOL... Wish listed ;)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 06:46:50 PM »
Nice renders, everyone!  As always, Erika's textures are great, too!

Dana

<---waaaaves up and down to Dana... Not seen you in ages... Hope all has been well.  Llola hugzzzzzz

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 07:43:24 PM »
I have a few of the FMEE domes and HDRIs and they tend to be my go to for outside lighting. Like you for a while there I only had one or two I knew would actually work then I found a bunch of free ones and after working out how to load them into Daz's environment settings under the render tab had a lot more options, they however do not always work so well as backgrounds as the aspect ratio can be wildly off but there are ways round that too
I wish listed the one you provided a link to. It is by the very vendor I got the ones I have from. I think that vendor knows how to create great HDRIs. What I like is that the ones I have and the one you used are made for Iray, 3DL, and the Poser render engine, which I think is Cycles.
Woo Hoo!