Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated.

They all go to the upkeep of PFD and PFD Delights

They can be set as a monthly donation or as you can give.

Click the button to be taken to Paypal.

Enter any size donation because they are all appreciated and welcome.

Thank you for your donation.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7128
  • Total Topics: 385
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Author Topic: February Show Off Thread  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
Re: February Show Off Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2022, 12:55:47 AM »
Oh yes Kathryn... sometimes it's not our muse that calls us... sometimes it's Daz!  lol

Agent... You are correct about the supersuit... I don't use it nearly enough ;) 

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2022, 01:59:20 AM »
Well I have not bought much this month at Daz but the other day I broke down and bought Cat Zeus from Vyusur.  I'm lovin' him better than the Daz cat or the Hivewire cat.  As always I try and make my artwork as realistic as possible and hubby saw Zeus on the screen and thought it was a photograph!  Sure made me smile... The second artwork is me playing with the dForce hair... I love him all scruffy... lol  ENJOY!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2022, 02:01:12 AM »
Here's Zeus with Lorel... both from Vyusur

ENJOY

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2022, 07:52:15 AM »
Oh see, the soft toy is jealous now :tearlaugh:

Sorry guys, I'm not rending too much those last times. I'm again making models in Wings3d, specially one tavern I dream to do since 11 years. I made it in Bryce in fact, but there were a lot of imperfections, not counting the horrible uvmaps.
Also, some background job on FA, and that takes a lot of time. Probably not as many as for DarkAngel, but a lot anyway.
So I have only to share one image from the January FA contest. Not the one with which I won 3rd place, but the other I did.

"Walking with Epona"

A long time ago, in a forest of Gaul, walk with the goddess and her horse!

DWD Dun Coats, by Dreamweaver Designs (FRM exclusively)
Mabel through Ages for V4, by Aelin (FRM exclusively)
Amazing poseable Braid for V4, by Propschick & RPublishing (RMP
Fox Hair - V4, by Anna Benjamin & Lady Littlefox & Syyd (Daz3d)
Paradise Bird Hair, on Daz3d
Chandlers Rings, by Inception8
Princess Alex, by Val3dart (Daz3d)

DS3, Poser, Wings3d, PD Artist, FlowScape, Photoshop, Ivy Generator, Sculptris, DS4, Bryce... I can't choose! :)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2022, 11:39:55 AM »
I am jealous that you and Agent can model Aelin... I tried Wings on my old computer and didn't have much luck.  I'm stuck making simple things.  Can't wait to see what you make.  Is it for the Gift Page at FA for Halloween or Christmas?   I'm trying to work on gifts now so I'm not so last minute.  (fingers crossed)  So far I have 0 gifts ready... lol

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2022, 01:56:01 PM »
Hey Y'all, I just discovered a better way to connect to the internet via my smartphone (I have Unlimited 5G Data). I was using the Mobile Hotspot connection, but it could get really bad at times, and it has a noticeable lag that's longer than this new way. I am now using Tether. I physically connect the two devices with the USB connector, then turn on Tethering on the smartphone, and set my computer to connect that way when the prompt appears. It is even easier than WiFi connecting.
Any Whey... :tearlaugh: (Had to do that!)(Kind of a cheesy joke, eh?) :tearlaugh: looking

Llola, your talents are in what you are good at doing; which you must enjoy, because by doing, one gets good at what one enjoys! I have been modeling with Wings3D for about 13 years now, so I obviously know a lot about the program. At this time I am test running the latest beta build. It has a few limits, but certain new features are beginning to look awesome. It has allowed me to increase the quality of what I model. I am also still exploring old tools in the app, especially the AUV Mapping tools and options. I'm looking to create my UV maps by cutting along material zone borders, while keeping the Hard edges intact but not used for cutting. My current method uses the hard edges as the cutting edges. (Hope my description isn't confusing.)
Love your Cat images Llola! They look absolutely real! Wish my PC was able to do that.

Aelin, your image is so awesome!
Incidentally, the name of the horse Link rides in The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past is Epona, and the horse looks a lot like the one in your image. Played that game for hours at a time!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2022, 03:23:30 PM »
Thanks Agent... I keep plugging along.

One thing I wish though.. is that there was more chatter in the threads on the Daz Forum... It's so quiet there... I sometimes wonder if anyone sees my artwork.  I do try and remark when I see some special artworks... but no one even answers me there...(sighs).  This is a great forum.. Just wish we had more peeps.  peep peep!!!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2022, 03:37:08 PM »
Artworks created for PC Inspiration Contest - February 02, 2022 - February 15, 2022

ENJOY!

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2022, 10:54:31 AM »
I am jealous that you and Agent can model Aelin... I tried Wings on my old computer and didn't have much luck.  I'm stuck making simple things.  Can't wait to see what you make.  Is it for the Gift Page at FA for Halloween or Christmas?   I'm trying to work on gifts now so I'm not so last minute.  (fingers crossed)  So far I have 0 gifts ready... lol
Nope, it will be on sale... one day, if I'm able to find my way in that labyrinth :tearlaugh:
I'm still learning few tips from the program time to time. We have tutos on FA, but 2 moves ago, we lost attached images, like we lost them on PFD too. And I took time for new images only for 1 tuto for the moment.

I have another idea for the Christmas page probably, some props. I know I must start that too sooner, but the bright side is I still have few packs I didn't share last year, for the 2 pages.

Agent, have you tried the curve tools plugin? Because that one, I understand nothing, but it could be very useful on some works.
For UVmaps, I mainly leave the program 'segment by projection', then continue by projection normal. The only first time I played around the first step in uvmap was changing colors for the color around from stones in The Pier, that the uvmap wasn't cut in tiny parts unable to work together easily. Then, recently, with Cozy Attic, I learnt to hide sections in the first step of uvmap I didn't want to uvmap with the rest, but were hard to don't catch with the rest of the structure.

I never played Zelda, just heard from. I wish I had played Zelda and not Donkey Kong, but my cousins (who had a Nintendo) had those games.

Llola, is it Mila Jovovitch on your first image?
The flower theme this time?
Anyway, you have talent to don't just take one character, one pose, one already done 'décor' around, and just render to rush in Daz contests - or anywhere else. You are thinking to what you love to show, and that's great :yes:
DS3, Poser, Wings3d, PD Artist, FlowScape, Photoshop, Ivy Generator, Sculptris, DS4, Bryce... I can't choose! :)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2022, 11:41:27 AM »
Thanks Aelin... I do try and take time to create my artworks.  I love putting 'scenes' together that tell a story.  I really thought that first one would win but alas... Jack picked another piece of art. 

The character is https://www.daz3d.com/lali-for-kala-8 in my first image... and yes the flowers (also outfit and shaders for blouse) were what I bought that week.  I love Lali's face... I'm sure I will use her again sometime. 

I guess all my postings count as never used items too... lol. 

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2022, 07:39:27 PM »
Apart from the G8F, the cube primitive and the sptlight this is stuff I have not used before: Andromeda armour, but mainly the new (to DS 4.20) volumetrics for Iray. Applied the Simple Volumetric shader to the cube and attached the OpenVDB smoke file to it, then backlit with very bright orange spot. Oh, and messed with the settings of the shader to get something that actually showed up!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2022, 01:24:09 AM »
Apart from the G8F, the cube primitive and the sptlight this is stuff I have not used before: Andromeda armour, but mainly the new (to DS 4.20) volumetrics for Iray. Applied the Simple Volumetric shader to the cube and attached the OpenVDB smoke file to it, then backlit with very bright orange spot. Oh, and messed with the settings of the shader to get something that actually showed up!

OMG... I've been playing with it for 2 days!!!  I still can't get what you got... lol.  Thanks for the tips... I'll work on it more tomorrow... I'm off to b-biezzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2022, 02:38:24 AM »
Nope, it will be on sale... one day, if I'm able to find my way in that labyrinth :tearlaugh:
I'm still learning few tips from the program time to time. We have tutos on FA, but 2 moves ago, we lost attached images, like we lost them on PFD too. And I took time for new images only for 1 tuto for the moment.

I have another idea for the Christmas page probably, some props. I know I must start that too sooner, but the bright side is I still have few packs I didn't share last year, for the 2 pages.

Agent, have you tried the curve tools plugin? Because that one, I understand nothing, but it could be very useful on some works.
For UVmaps, I mainly leave the program 'segment by projection', then continue by projection normal. The only first time I played around the first step in uvmap was changing colors for the color around from stones in The Pier, that the uvmap wasn't cut in tiny parts unable to work together easily. Then, recently, with Cozy Attic, I learnt to hide sections in the first step of uvmap I didn't want to uvmap with the rest, but were hard to don't catch with the rest of the structure.

I never played Zelda, just heard from. I wish I had played Zelda and not Donkey Kong, but my cousins (who had a Nintendo) had those games.

Llola, is it Mila Jovovitch on your first image?
The flower theme this time?
Anyway, you have talent to don't just take one character, one pose, one already done 'décor' around, and just render to rush in Daz contests - or anywhere else. You are thinking to what you love to show, and that's great :yes:
Aelin, the curve tool has been in every version of Wings3D since at least 1.4.1, which is the first version I used. The tool requires enough geometry segments to be able to work. David Brinnen has a tutorial on YouTube that explains how to use it. I rarely use it myself, but I do know how it works. It does come in handy for certain projects.
Now one of my favorite tools to use is the Circularize Tool. Basically you select a series of edges, and make a curved edge group out of them. You can make bowls, basins, circles, loops, domes, and even spheres with the Circularize Tool.

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2022, 06:11:21 AM »
OMG... I've been playing with it for 2 days!!!  I still can't get what you got... lol.  Thanks for the tips... I'll work on it more tomorrow... I'm off to b-biezzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
It's not obvious!!!!
It may well work without having to load an external VDB file, but not checked that yet.
What I did (minus a lot of fiddling!)
Create primitive (cube)
Find and apply the simple volumetric shader
Download some VDB files
Apply a VDB file to the shader
Curse a lot at failure to render anything useful
Take deep breath and start again, and notie the smoke VDB I used was showing up but very small compared  to the size of the cube.
Start again with new scene!
Create a SMALL cube, apply shader and VDB file
Resize cube
Be happy that the VDB smoke effect scales with the primitive
Experiment a bit more

Main things to note. The main shader paramters to look into are the Scattering offset and Absorption offset.
To experiment I'd set Scattering to a around mid-grey and play with it a bit - whiter = more scattering so more light coming at camera for 'whiteout effect'. The aborpdtion is a kind of revrese scattering. I'd like to think there is a difference other than it just working in reverse!

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2022, 09:39:30 AM »
A bit more messing about .. er, rigourous, scientific experimentation I mean!, shows that the base shader does provide a basic volumetric effect of an homogeneous distribution, so that's good!

The down side is that the effect does not show in preview so you have to let a full render run for a while to be sure of the effect you'll be getting as it will change/clear/sharpen/whatever with a few Iray iterations.

I suspect what the VDB files you can attach do si change the volume to heterogenous, in different ways.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2022, 10:00:19 AM »
Thanks Aelin... I do try and take time to create my artworks.  I love putting 'scenes' together that tell a story.  I really thought that first one would win but alas... Jack picked another piece of art. 

The character is https://www.daz3d.com/lali-for-kala-8 in my first image... and yes the flowers (also outfit and shaders for blouse) were what I bought that week.  I love Lali's face... I'm sure I will use her again sometime. 

I guess all my postings count as never used items too... lol.
Weird, with the Daz presentation, she isn't like Milla Jovovitch, but the hair you choosen for your lady make like if  :confused:

Aelin, the curve tool has been in every version of Wings3D since at least 1.4.1, which is the first version I used. The tool requires enough geometry segments to be able to work. David Brinnen has a tutorial on YouTube that explains how to use it. I rarely use it myself, but I do know how it works. It does come in handy for certain projects.
Now one of my favorite tools to use is the Circularize Tool. Basically you select a series of edges, and make a curved edge group out of them. You can make bowls, basins, circles, loops, domes, and even spheres with the Circularize Tool.
I'm not talking about the usual bending thing, but that plugin, which is was released in 2020 only   http://www.wings3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2580
I hoped somebody was able to manage it and make the working entering in my head  :banghead:  :tearlaugh:

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2022, 12:08:11 PM »
Weird, with the Daz presentation, she isn't like Milla Jovovitch, but the hair you choosen for your lady make like if  :confused:
Oh... You were talking about an actress... I thought you were asking what model I used... lol.  Yes... my artwork does look a bit like Milla.  I've seen her around... just never knew her name ;)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2022, 12:08:59 PM »
@ Simon.... I'm awake and have been playing some more... I'm almost ready for a render... wait for it.... waaaaaaaaaait....

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2022, 01:56:44 PM »
@ Simon.... I'm awake and have been playing some more... I'm almost ready for a render... wait for it.... waaaaaaaaaait....
Are we there yet? ;)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2022, 11:01:33 AM »
Are we there yet? ;)

Nope :(  Not working out like I'd hoped... and taking a Looooooooong time to render... even with my monster new computer :(

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2022, 11:41:05 AM »
OK... I've decided to post even though it's not perfect and still has specklies... This is after 50minutes of rendering and it's only 4% done.... Not sure I like volumetrics... I tried shrinking the whole scene down to 5% and it still renders a long time.  I also did a test rendering without the volume and just the city... 8minutes... which is ok... I'm going to try and postwork in the clouds and see how 'real' it looks... I have lots of cloud brushes to play with.

In the mean time... here's my "City in the Clouds"
ENJOY!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2022, 12:04:17 PM »
Here's the postwork version... I wish I was better with brushes... but... for me... It's pretty good and no long render time... Hum... Not sure volumetrics is worth it for me.  I have a small fortune in brushes... lol

"City in the Clouds" postworked version

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2022, 06:28:11 PM »
Might well be a scale thing, but not bad at a first stab!
I'm rubbish at postwork/brushes! ;)

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2022, 10:27:55 AM »
Not sure what's going on, but now I AM getting to see volumetrics in Iray preview mode!
That aside, a bit of info gleaned from the DAZ forums about the use of volumetrics!
Both cubes are the same. One on left is left at default, one on right of image is the 'twiddled one', the cube between them is the same primitive, but left as basic.
Each of the outside cubes has the same Iray volumetric shader applied, with the sane smoke.vdb attached.

If you check the parametrs of the Iray volumetric shader you will see an On/Off property called 'Clip to Geometry' which is On by default.

Note how the smoke effect on the left is cut-off ar where the boundaries of the cube it was applied to would be. Sadly this would also happen if you turned it to Off!
This parameter ONLY functions if the Material/Surface it is applied to is named 'Volume'. Notice that when you create a primitive that the only surface is named Default? Yeah, not that useful, huh?
This is where you gird your loins and jump into the Geometry Editor tool:
Select the primitive in the scene tab
Activate Geometry Editor (Tools> Geometry Editor or Alt-Shift-G)
Right-click the primitive, Geometry Assignmet> Create Surface ... (and give 'Volume' as name)
 Select Geometry Selection> Select By> Surfaces> Default
 Select Geometry Assignment> Assign To Surface> Volume
Exit Geometry Editor by slecting another Tool (probably Node Selection, Universal Tool or Surface Selector)
Making sure you have the primitive still selected go to Surfaces and select the Volume surface and apply the Iray Simple OpenVDB MDL Volume shader (find in: My Library\Shader Presets\Iray\Daz Volume) and then apply a VDB file to it.
Then select the Default surface and reduce Opacity Map to 0
The On or Off setting for Clip to Geometry will now function on the Volume surface.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2022, 12:54:13 PM »
Not sure what's going on, but now I AM getting to see volumetrics in Iray preview mode!
That aside, a bit of info gleaned from the DAZ forums about the use of volumetrics!
Both cubes are the same. One on left is left at default, one on right of image is the 'twiddled one', the cube between them is the same primitive, but left as basic.
Each of the outside cubes has the same Iray volumetric shader applied, with the sane smoke.vdb attached.

If you check the parametrs of the Iray volumetric shader you will see an On/Off property called 'Clip to Geometry' which is On by default.

Note how the smoke effect on the left is cut-off ar where the boundaries of the cube it was applied to would be. Sadly this would also happen if you turned it to Off!
This parameter ONLY functions if the Material/Surface it is applied to is named 'Volume'. Notice that when you create a primitive that the only surface is named Default? Yeah, not that useful, huh?
This is where you gird your loins and jump into the Geometry Editor tool:
Select the primitive in the scene tab
Activate Geometry Editor (Tools> Geometry Editor or Alt-Shift-G)
Right-click the primitive, Geometry Assignmet> Create Surface ... (and give 'Volume' as name)
 Select Geometry Selection> Select By> Surfaces> Default
 Select Geometry Assignment> Assign To Surface> Volume
Exit Geometry Editor by slecting another Tool (probably Node Selection, Universal Tool or Surface Selector)
Making sure you have the primitive still selected go to Surfaces and select the Volume surface and apply the Iray Simple OpenVDB MDL Volume shader (find in: My Library\Shader Presets\Iray\Daz Volume) and then apply a VDB file to it.
Then select the Default surface and reduce Opacity Map to 0
The On or Off setting for Clip to Geometry will now function on the Volume surface.

Thanks ... I got most of that... and I too have been following a thread for the volumetrics... But no one has yet to say why the render time is so long.  Without my new computer I would have been discouraged long ago.  50minutes is a long time for me to wait (I'm spoiled)... and for only 4% done it's not very good.  I'm not sure how long it would take to finish.  I need to figure out how to get the render time down.   BTW... Simon... You didn't say which you like better... the City with volumetrics or postworked???

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2022, 01:33:40 PM »
I think the post-worked one is better. though not a great fan of the brightly-lit central section of either

Offline Kathryn

• Got There!
  • Poser12, PSP2019 Ultimate, Daz Studio
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2022, 01:43:15 PM »
I decided Bugga Boo should come out and play..

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2022, 03:35:55 PM »
Bugga is cute like everytime  :hug2:

I went until DS4.9, but that thing asking to my comp to calculate when I do a tiny movement in the scene, no thank you. I have 4.6 now to reinstall, because it was the best DS4 which what I worked. Of course, I must pass on the lazy part for that job  :tearlaugh:
I don't plan to use iray one day, despite the nvidia card on my W8.1.

Llola, welcome in the court of "I never know how to do with brushes". But you made well. The best cloud brushes I know (because I have them) are those by Doarte, from his "MYSTIC MOODS - CLOUDS AND WATER"
I also have "Cloud Brushes" by Blazter and "clouds_by_fantasybrushes"

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2022, 03:49:29 PM »
Folks, volumetrics is not really that new. I have an application that I've hade for almost 15 years, and it does volumetrics quite well; although the render times will be several hours for an image that is high resolution. It is an application from DAZ 3D called Bryce 7.1 Pro; and they have abandoned making any new versions. Even with its age, Bryce is still able to compete with applications that are upgraded fairly often, like DAZ Studio, to say the least; yet another DAZ 3D application, which has not had volumetrics even half as long. I still use Bryce, as it makes great backdrops, if you don't want to spend your time creating your environments, you can do a sky that has haze, clouds, and even fog. To add to that you can create an infinite cloud slab to add volumetric clouds to the scene. Landscapes, can be done fairly easy as well in Bryce; in fact Bryce seems to do them extremely well. In many of my art images from DAZ Studio I used backdrops I made using Bryce. What is so amazing about Bryce being great at volumetrics? The fact that it is just a 32 bit application, rather than 64 bit! A 32 bit app doing volumetrics so well.
If only DAZ had not decided to cease development of Bryce, we would likely have the best volumetrics engine in the industry. They might have also upgraded it to 64 bit, and to me, that would be super awesome! Another improvement I would make for Bryce is the ability to use poseable figures, like DAZ Studio and Poser and Carrera. I've never used Carrera, nor have I ever had it. But why abandon development for an application that is doing so well at what it does? And one that continues to do well even after 15 years of no upgrades?! :overreactionallert: :banghead:

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2022, 04:59:37 PM »

Alien Worlds - Pedestal Arcology
This image shows how well Bryce does volumetrics. Note how parts of the scene get hazier with greater distance. The thickness, height, and other factors can be tweeaked in the Sky Lab the haze to create any thickness in the volumetric haze and fog settings. Yes this one also has a volumetric infinite Cloud Slab, which is why the render took nearly 9 hours to complete at a resolution of 3200 x 1800 px.(This version has been reduced in size to accommodate this PFD Thread.) If I hade went for the 4000 x 2250 maximum size for a 16-9 aspect ratio, the render time would have been nearly 16 or more hours.
Now to the story here:
In the Inter-Galactic Alliance we find worlds with very high populations; basically, overpopulated worlds. The solution to overpopulation, without killing off a lot of beings, is to come up with ways to accommodate the increasing population.
One way to do that would be to create very large structures that are entire cities, and are able to house a few million inhabitants. These structures are called Arcologies. This world's inhabitants did that, but their population kept increasing at an ever faster rate, making it neccessary to build more around the main structure. This one in particular is the home of 10,000,000, and the surrounding area can support 50,000,000 more.
The Pedestal Arcology is 5 miles wide and 2.5 miles in height. It is a great distance from the camera, and yet its surrounding under-builds are much wider.
It is a good thing that the world has joined the IGA, because very soon, without interstellar travel capabilities, their world would not be able to sustain them any longer. Now they have access to the technologies of countless other member worlds, that are willing to share their advanced knowledge.

The base model of this scene is the PedestalCityPlatform. It is made to accommodate city blocks, like Dystopia City Blocks, Greeble City Blocks, and city models like those created by Hermineo Nieves. I will be offering this model for use in Bryce 7.1 Pro, and you will be able to put materials on it in that application, even though it has yet to be UV mapped. This is another awesome capability  that Bryce has. If you make a model and import it into Bryce, even if it has not been UV mapped, it will still let textures show on the surfaces of the model. If your model has material zones, Bryce will recognize those as separate objects, and apply the texture to only the material zones you have selected. This way you can create a model with several material zones, that you can texture differently to create a really good looking model in your scene. What's more is that you can save the model to your Objects Library with the materials you applied. So when you wish to use the model, it will already have the textures you want applied.
There are other awesome features in Bryce that make it still relevant to this day. Too many to mention here, that's for sure.