Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated.

They all go to the upkeep of PFD and PFD Delights

They can be set as a monthly donation or as you can give.

Click the button to be taken to Paypal.

Enter any size donation because they are all appreciated and welcome.

Thank you for your donation.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7130
  • Total Topics: 385
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Author Topic: Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (ALL are welcome to join)  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
Our local authorities have a "Senior advisory board", I was part of it until I restarted working.  The render below was a draft for our website.

Oh Erika... I love this art piece... I want that cake!!! Sorry you had to restart working. :(  Not sure anyone would hire me.. that's why I volunteer at our local animal shelter.  ;)

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
It looks like I've lost most everyone.  Not sure where you all are.  If I don't get more peeps adding artwork I will just close this challenge for the rest of the year.  (sighs)  I don't want to be the only one (or two) posting images.  I can always post on the main share thread that Agent is hosting.

In the mean time... If I am not careful RETIREMENT will make me a Crazy Ole Cat Lady!  lol

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
Sorry Llola, beside the rende I made for FA monthly contest, I'm using the time thunderstorms allow me to prepare at least 1 Halloween freebie. Not that I don't want to make old ladies and gentlemen, to change from the young one  :looking around2:
DS3, Poser, Wings3d, PD Artist, FlowScape, Photoshop, Ivy Generator, Sculptris, DS4, Bryce... I can't choose! :)

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
Gah, tempus fugit and no notifications ...!!!!

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
And squeaking in just under the wire: "Retired for the night ..."

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
And squeaking in just under the wire: "Retired for the night ..."
Thanks Simon... sorry about the notifications... I don't know how to fix that... I guess you've been busy this month.  Don't see anything at the Daz forums from you either.

If anyone wants to post... It's almost midnight here and July is but a few moments away for me... Time to think about VALENTINES... ah... Love is in the air!!!  Post'em when it's July for you.

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
Llola, I think what is happening is that we are receiving our email notifications from this site and from FA several days late. The July thread has been up since the early morning of the 1st, and I have yet to receive any notifications from what has already been posted there. What we all need to do is come to the forum and check all current threads.

Not sure if it is our current host, or something wrong in the settings, maybe? I don't know. I do know it is making things a bit more difficult to follow. I'm still getting notices from the June Show Off Thread, and when I go there, the last post is my post about the July Thread being up and running.

We need some maintenance, if that is at all possible.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
It's a problem with the host. It's kind of 1 announcement by hour. So multiply the hours by the number of members, and you see why you have things late.
Notifications for topics that you follow passed well then it appears there is a slow motion now...

Llola, cross fingers, I'm in holidays at the end of next week, perhaps I'll be able to do something here  :looking around2:
DS3, Poser, Wings3d, PD Artist, FlowScape, Photoshop, Ivy Generator, Sculptris, DS4, Bryce... I can't choose! :)

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
I have my fingers crossed Aelin... and toes... I hate to say... I think our little group is fizzling away.  (sighs)... I'm not sure if moving us to FA will help.  I know they get more peeps participating there.  Tried to just 'chat' and had no idea where to look over there... Everything is contest... Is there just a 'chat' thread there???? 

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
Llola, I think what is happening is that we are receiving our email notifications from this site and from FA several days late. The July thread has been up since the early morning of the 1st, and I have yet to receive any notifications from what has already been posted there. What we all need to do is come to the forum and check all current threads.

Not sure if it is our current host, or something wrong in the settings, maybe? I don't know. I do know it is making things a bit more difficult to follow. I'm still getting notices from the June Show Off Thread, and when I go there, the last post is my post about the July Thread being up and running.

We need some maintenance, if that is at all possible.
Same here... I think maintenance is lost... We seem to be dwindling.  It's such a same too.  Maybe a move to FA would be a good idea... But I find it hard to 'just chat' there... I have no where to post my chat... and it's pretty hard to find stuff there... I've also notice the gallery I had there is totally empty :(... Not sure why... I've not tried to repost my artwork yet... Can't remember what I had there.  (sighs)

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
Re: Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (ALL are welcome to join)
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2022, 09:34:18 AM »
We chat daily in the Coffe Shop on FA, but it's still possible to have 'derivated' topics. Jherrith made his own, McGrandpa has also his own... and we still can have one or several for PFD members, but maybe created by one of you who want to start it. Probably somewhere in the "Getting Aquainted" corridor, but it can still be a section in its own if necessary.

When we changed of host, I don't remember if it was for teh one we are now or the one before, still DarkAngel had to clean the gallery because the host pretended we had too much space used. So she removed all images before 2018 or 2019.
You have still some images by the profil we can all visit.
https://www.thefantasiesattic.net/attic/cpg/profile.php?uid=1287

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
  • 3D Addicted and Freebie Queen
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2022, 10:58:13 AM »
I am so sorry I have been MIA for so long rl has been kicking my butt as of the past few months and I have not had very much time to render much!!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2022, 11:23:33 AM »
Llola, The way Fantasies Attic works is a lot different from how things work here at PFDLives. We can post our images in the Threads here, but at FA we must post images to the Gallery.
As for discussions, as Aelin has stated, there is a main thread called "Coffee Shop and Gardens". It remains up and running for the entire year. It is a great forum to have discussions in. Other discussion threads exist there as well, mainly for more specific topics, like Astronomy, Pets, etc.
I know many of our members here and there are on FaceBook and/or Twitter, but I don't like those networks, because in my experience it is too easy for unscrupulous members to hack other people's accounts! When I first got into computers and the internet, I tried FB, creating an account 3 times within 6 months, and each of those accounts were hacked and my info was corrupted! I give sites like that 3 strikes, after which they are out, FOREVER! I don't care how much has been improved at either of those main Social Media sites; I will not darken the doorway into them with my Virtual Shadow ever again.
The reason I stick with PFDLives and Fantasies Attic is because the members at these sites are actually helpful, and we have one of the best head honchos for both; Dark Angel! She gets into whatever troubles we are having, and works diligently to fix them, if possible. Even when certain prizes are not downloading correctly, she works with the recipients to make sure they get what they chose as their prizes! Cannot beat that any way, or no how!
If we have to move to FA, I will still be your Administrator there, but first I need to know how things will work for us there. I will need to get a set of ground rules for operating our section at Fantasies Attic. If we do move, perhaps we can regain some old members and even some new ones from there. It might make our forum more popular than it currently is. But that's a topic for later discussion, if and when it is going to happen.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2022, 02:57:24 PM »
It's not that you can't post your images in a topic on FA, but like here or PFDdelights, if there is an issue during a move from a host to another, all the images (or zips or anything) in attached files are lost.
It's that way we had few freebies directly on FA which were lost forever. And it was (and for a portion it's still) for PFDdelights.
It can happen we have missing images in the gallery, but then I noticed it's because we put for example a capital letter in the name of the file (for example Thisway.jpg will be missing but not a thisway.jpg). It the reason for why it's important to read in the gallery which characters are to be avoided.
Agent, I have a twitter account, but since the beginning of 2021 I can no longer access to it; they ask I enter a code they send... to a email adress I have no more. They never asked for a 'security' code until that day. But like my T account doesn't move, I wasn't hacked. So you won't find me there. Deviantart is too big for my comp for I stay too much on. The Memory jumps a lot in few minutes. fb, I had one account on but they didn't accept my artist name, they just wanted my ID. I said no way, because they aren't from law enforcement and they haven't the right; so I'm no longer there and don't care - I was only for few friends on and had no intentions to be public there.
I'm supposed to have a mewee - still for few friends - but didn't open that since years.

Now, back to our regular schedule!
"Valentin" is a cute little robot made by Anima Gemini many years ago. A all time "valentine"

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2022, 07:49:17 PM »
Thanks everyone for replies... I will go with the flow if we plan to move :)  I'd like to see more peeps participate... but we shall see.  I am still not getting notices for the July thread and I just got 2 for the June thread which is supposed to be closed.  lol

Thank you Aelin for getting us back on track... and posting a wonderful Valentine... I am working on my valentines and will hopefully get to post it this weekend... I have my fingers crossed.  ;) 

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2022, 08:49:45 PM »
Yup I will do my best to not add you to the actual attic forum area, it is fairly log in the tooth and even I get lost. I had to ask Aelin just where to post a freebie...LOL

So that means that PFD will be added to the server as an addon domain and still have your very own sections...I may slim those down too so arranging may be different but who knows...I am still trying to get our market to trim up some too and times a wasting since we need to get everything moved to this host by December.

Who knew how hard it is to check zips, remove the ones no longer at the store and not get confused while doing so...and that is on the ones I have on my external. :peep:

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2022, 12:09:40 PM »
Yup I will do my best to not add you to the actual attic forum area, it is fairly log in the tooth and even I get lost. I had to ask Aelin just where to post a freebie...LOL

So that means that PFD will be added to the server as an addon domain and still have your very own sections...I may slim those down too so arranging may be different but who knows...I am still trying to get our market to trim up some too and times a wasting since we need to get everything moved to this host by December.

Who knew how hard it is to check zips, remove the ones no longer at the store and not get confused while doing so...and that is on the ones I have on my external. :peep:
Thanks for taking care of us DA... I'm really kinda hoping we DO go to FA... I'm anxious for 'new blood' to participate in my challenge.  I'll go with what everyone decides.

Anyway... Here's my Valentines...

He sent candy and a card but she still has to spend Valentines alone cause he's not here.  (Oh well... grabs a piece of chocolate... eating it can't hurt!)

"Broken Heart"

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »
Nicely done, Llola. The tears and her expression set the mood of this piece. I love it!

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2022, 12:25:44 PM »
Nicely done, Llola. The tears and her expression set the mood of this piece. I love it!
Thanks Agent... I forgot I had those tears... They are Jepe's ... I'm gonna see if they will work with G8... I'm tired of buying stuff for each generation.  lol

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2022, 01:21:34 PM »
I have Genesis 8, but cannot use the figures due to the power of my PC. I cannot use D-Force, Iray, G8F, or G8M. I do not have an InVidea Graphics system, and my graphics card is about as basic as they get.

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2022, 01:56:12 PM »
I have Genesis 8, but cannot use the figures due to the power of my PC. I cannot use D-Force, Iray, G8F, or G8M. I do not have an InVidea Graphics system, and my graphics card is about as basic as they get.
Only reason I can use them is because I have a new computer... but it's still not as fast as I would like.. But it will do... :)  btw... the tears DO work with G8  :spring1:

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2022, 01:21:25 PM »
We still have a week left for July and our VALENTINES challenge... If I've not lost everyone... Git postin'!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2022, 02:34:29 PM »
Only reason I can use them is because I have a new computer... but it's still not as fast as I would like.. But it will do... :)  btw... the tears DO work with G8  :spring1:
Went to Renderosity two days ago to grab some freebies. I found some tears for Genesis, Genesis 2 Males and Females, and Genesis 3 Males and Females. Did not grab them at the time, as I was there to get special long dresses for my female figures. I will go for those tears in the near future, to see how well they work. Those products might not all be freebies, but if they are...
 :spring1:

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2022, 03:44:29 PM »
I seem to be getting closer and closer to the wire ...!!!!
My slightly skewed take on Valentine's Day ...

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2022, 11:07:46 PM »
I seem to be getting closer and closer to the wire ...!!!!
My slightly skewed take on Valentine's Day ...

Oh yes... I get it Simon... lol... You are under the wire for me ;)  Well done... I hope kitteh is safe!

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2022, 11:07:56 PM »

Ok... Gang... I have 1 more hour til August and Christmasssssssssss.... YAY... my favorite time of the year..  Well... not in August though... lol.

Hang up those lights... put up the tree... and let's all sing Christmas Caroles... faa laaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(Post'em when it's August for you)

Offline Saphirewild

• Got There!
  • 3D Addicted and Freebie Queen
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2022, 11:08:34 PM »
I guess no one wants to think of Christmas just yet!!!! LOLZ
I will be posting a render soon just got to get it finished in Daz Studio first  :tearlaugh:

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2022, 02:17:08 AM »
I guess no one wants to think of Christmas just yet!!!! LOLZ
I will be posting a render soon just got to get it finished in Daz Studio first  :tearlaugh:

Ha... I've been procrastinating.. I guess I best get to renderin'... Wait for it.. waaaaaaaaait...

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2022, 01:27:36 AM »
Ok.. I guess I'm the only one thinking of Christmas for August???  I may just have to give up this challenge here at PFDLives... Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in it?  Let me know... (sighs)

In the mean time... here is my Christmas... ENJOY!

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2022, 04:25:20 PM »
Still August - just, so ... :)