Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated. They all go to the Attic server fees and upkeep

Thank you for your donation.

Featured Art

March Art Winners!

The Big Picture Thread

* 11minutes 42second render by Llola Lane

+++++++

+++++++

Fantasy Faes

Rainy Nights by DreamWeaver

+++++++

ss-Alien by Sanbie

+++++++

Winners get to choose [1] item from this link: Sponsors Showcase

Members
  • Total Members: 163
  • Latest: mauduit
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9199
  • Total Topics: 476
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: 2021 Big Picture Thread  (Read 2489 times)

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
2021 Big Picture Thread
« on: January 17, 2021, 04:51:16 PM »
 :bravo12: We are ready for  your images now and please do come in. Agent0013 will be by with his usual way to do his area soon.

He can edit this post with his info.

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
Re: 2021 Big Picture Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 09:04:43 PM »
Tried three times to upload a picture (2500x2000, 3.7MB) and it has silently failed each time, dropping back to an empty text box and 'start a new topic'

Now having managed a post, without upload, going to try to upload a smaller version )just over 1MB)

Offline Wizzard

• Making it further
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 09:13:21 PM »
Cleve's going to love this.  Beautiful Simon. the details are astounding. which model did you use?
Cheers
Life could be a dream,
It can be like a paradise up above.....

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 10:11:48 PM »
Cleve's going to love this.  Beautiful Simon. the details are astounding. which model did you use?
Cheers
That is the new GF8.1 with around 80* Victoria 8.1 dialled in. I'm happy with it - except for the elbow, being bent like that the skin should be less prone to wrinkles showing I'd have thought, but I suspect that is down to bump or normals, not mesh/morphs so unaffected by 'tension'

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 12:22:01 AM »
Tried three times to upload a picture (2500x2000, 3.7MB) and it has silently failed each time, dropping back to an empty text box and 'start a new topic'

Now having managed a post, without upload, going to try to upload a smaller version )just over 1MB)

No idea why it did that, this forum has no size limit to upload an attachments. Unless the name that shows is not the name for the  original one you tried to upload and had some not allowed characters, like the gallery has.

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 04:47:39 AM »

No idea why it did that, this forum has no size limit to upload an attachments. Unless the name that shows is not the name for the  original one you tried to upload and had some not allowed characters, like the gallery has.
Same name, but less the final W - strange, huh? Got to love computers ;)

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 04:01:27 PM »
Yup for some odd reason with any of our sites the shorter names are liked for attachments or gallery. The gallery will actually at times, corrupt the image if it accets it. They like - or _  but not much else especially / or \ and at times ? :tearlaugh:

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 10:50:26 PM »
And now we will have February Big Stuff!

Anyone know where Agent is?? :overreactionallert:

Fogot to put this up but you all already know it...LOL

As such, it has a certain requirement concerning size of image. The requirement is that images you post in this thread must meet a requirement of no less than 2000 pixels in either the vertical or horizontal direction.

The other direction can be less as long as there is one direction that meets the requirement. So you could post an image that is 2000 x 1600, or 1600 x 2000. Images that are larger are allowed, but images that do not meet the minimum pixel size or more in one or the other direction are not to be posted in this thread.

The reason for this requirement is because very large images show greater detail. Comments concerning the images posted here will also be welcome.

Please keep images you post here clean. No nudity, vulgarity, or extreme violence. Children can view this thread. There are other threads that can be used for such images within the limits of PFDLives TOS.

Offline Wizzard

• Making it further
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 09:56:34 AM »
Cleve was\is having connection issues at last sight. When he can get online he comes here, gets caught up, introduces new things etc.

Based on the previous contacts here and the Attic.
Cheers
Life could be a dream,
It can be like a paradise up above.....

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 03:44:32 PM »
 :kiss14: thanks for the info, I worry about all of you so glad to know he is not fighting the Covid stuff.

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 05:35:08 PM »
My apologies. I've been really busy these last few months, which has put a limit on when I can even visit the site. I do make it in as often as possible, but cannot always visit any certain thread. It makes me happy to know that you all have my back. Have been working toward getting into an area where access will be much better. As it is, I am using my smartphone as my WIFI hotspot. My computer is logged onto it.

At any rate, I wanted to upload this new image I just got through creating:

Pinocchio wanted to be a "Real Boy"...................... Fairytale & Movies - Pinocchio
Andrew wished to be declared "Human".................. Movie: The Bicentennial Man
Data aspired to be "Human"......... TV & Movies: Star Trek - The Next Generation
Cyber Dog wants to be a "Real Dog".......................... DAZ3D - DAZ Studio: CyberD

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 02:12:06 PM »
For you Agent... "Gaia" qualifies as big picture ;)

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 01:06:07 PM »
A bit of messing about with FotoSketcher ..
Original:

Tweak/effect 1:

Tweak/effect 2:

Tweak/effect 3:

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 01:12:04 PM »
those are cool simon!

hope you find a better place Agent.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 01:14:53 PM »
Those are interesting Simon... I like the B&W the best ;)

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Got There!
    • Aelin Namarie
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 02:33:40 PM »
A bit of messing about with FotoSketcher ..
I think I never heard from FotoSketcher before. Thank you!
I like the latest you did, the b & w is very clean compared to what I know we can do with something like Photoshop.
DS3, Poser, Wings3d, PD Artist, FlowScape, Photoshop, Ivy Generator, Sculptris, DS4, Bryce... I can't choose! :)

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »
Hello folks! Looks like Real Life is finding more and more for me to get done, making my time here at PFDLives even shorter. I have a picture already posted in the July Showoff Thread, but it qualifies for this one, so here it is:

Plastech Girl Advanced

As the Plastech Girl Project has been in existence for more than 75 years, it stands to reason that these robotic replicants would have to abandon the color ID of each. Now any Plastech Girl may wear any color. In fact, now the suit has the ability to change color as well as texture, to suit the choice of its wearer.

The Plastech Girl Project began with each robotic replicant sporting one color only, which indicated which of the Plastech Girls she was. There were 10 Plastech Girls each given a number from 1 to 10, and each number represented by one of the ten colors used. Of the 10 Plastech Girls, Number 4 was lost in a hard fought battle, in which she sacrificed herself to destroy the enemy's Mobile Battle Base. Her color was Purple; and to honor her, that color was retired. Few that witnessed that battle and her heroic sacrifice are still alive.

Today's Plastech Girls are far more advanced, having internal physiology that is almost indistinguishable from that of actual human women. Those inernal organs are also used as replacement organs in human women. The Plastech Girl Advanced units also have a very realistic look, rather than the stylized look of the original Plastech Girls. They also have an endless variety of personal appearance, making them recognizeable to their friends and loved ones.  These days, trillions of Plastech Girls serve the Intergalactic Alliance. They are so advanced that they have their own unique personalities, and have given names. They develop relationships with their human companions, as well as many nonhumans. To all appearances, each Plastech Girl Advanced Model looks, acts, and even lives like a real human female.

The Plastech Girls are still part of the military services; Though, when one retires from her particular branch of the military forces, she will often take a job in Law Enforcement or Security, as her skills can be put to good use in those professions. The Plastech Girl Suits she wears all belong to her, and may be worn on any job she takes after retiring from the military.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2021, 06:53:00 PM »
August through September images can get added now. :bravo12:

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2021, 07:34:39 PM »
August through September images can get added now. :bravo12:
Thanks DA... Not sure we have any... I'll try and render something bigger for this thread :)  Hope all is well... Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 08:04:03 PM »
Have to say, having my Plastech Girl Advanced chosen as the Big Picture of Whatever is Awesome. Only thing is that the title is not correct in the sidebar. Though advanced plastics are used in her construction there is also Artificial Biological materials used. So she is not all plastic. Her advancements make her almost human, which is why replacement parts are produced using the biotechnology that was used to create her. The Plastech Girl program has many benefits other than the military application of their skills, and medical is a big part of that.

Thanks to whomever chose the image to be featured in the Sidebar.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 11:28:19 PM »
Your welcome katyrn and things are looking up cept that I am in need of food and with the water heater acting up after we flooded plus other things revolting too I am not with loot to get any until Sept 1...oy!

I put your images over there in the side block sugar and I was so sure I got the name right.....LOL :tearlaugh:

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2021, 08:51:03 PM »
Your welcome katyrn and things are looking up cept that I am in need of food and with the water heater acting up after we flooded plus other things revolting too I am not with loot to get any until Sept 1...oy!

I put your images over there in the side block sugar and I was so sure I got the name right.....LOL :tearlaugh:
No worries DA. We all make mistakes.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 07:45:24 PM »
Well, the first came and went along with my SSI, except for around 60 bucks for daily need things that food stamps don't cover and kitty litter.

We had a really bad lightning storm after midnight until around 10 this morn. So now it is sticky hot and am sticking to the keyboard keys...LOL

I fear the water heater will need replacing and then there will be the added cost of a person to do the deed....so will need to continue to heat water in a pot on the stove. Phooey.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2021, 06:29:42 PM »

gallery restrictions for images have changed due to we are on a shared server now

1. Maximum allowed file size = 1024kb
2. Width or Height = 1300px

Offline Seliah

• Everywhere
  • Running with the wolves.
    • Childe of Fyre ~ 3D Graphics & More
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 09:50:21 PM »
gallery restrictions for images have changed due to we are on a shared server now

1. Maximum allowed file size = 1024kb
2. Width or Height = 1300px

Question : Does this also apply for images uploaded as attachments? I'm not too clear on what all has been going on with changes and such, as I've been online then offline quite a bit with real life issues.

Sorry if you've had this question asked already; I just wondered because of this specific thread and whether or not that's going to impact how we participate in it.

Thanks in advance.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 10:18:47 PM »
Hi seliah, here in the forums we are trying an experiment. try to upload an image to the big picture thread or the show offs thread that is around 2,000-3,000 px wide or high and see if it lets you. If so there will be no more gallery so ignore those restrictions for now, if you please.

Let me know your results, were you able to  attach it or not. :xmouse:

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2021, 03:17:50 AM »
I know I promised to upload this yesterday or the day before, but I had to do an extensive two day search for it, because it had somehow gotten lost in the tens of thousands of images I have on my PC and Smartphone.

This image was taken at a fortuitous moment; actually could have missed the chance to get it!

The image shows a jet's contrail trying to look like a tornado! I actually snapped about 7 images of it. This is the best of the bunch.

I also have taken this photo into a special application that makes it look like a painting, but that one still needs work.

Let me know what you think.

Offline Seliah

• Everywhere
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
I know I promised to upload this yesterday or the day before, but I had to do an extensive two day search for it, because it had somehow gotten lost in the tens of thousands of images I have on my PC and Smartphone.

This image was taken at a fortuitous moment; actually could have missed the chance to get it!

The image shows a jet's contrail trying to look like a tornado! I actually snapped about 7 images of it. This is the best of the bunch.

Oooooh. That is COOL, Agent! What a wild capture. That's one of those pictures you don't expect to get, and probably won't get a second time. Great shot of it. Such a cool formation to the contrail!

Offline Seliah

• Everywhere
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2021, 11:01:45 AM »
Hi seliah, here in the forums we are trying an experiment. try to upload an image to the big picture thread or the show offs thread that is around 2,000-3,000 px wide or high and see if it lets you. If so there will be no more gallery so ignore those restrictions for now, if you please.

Let me know your results, were you able to  attach it or not. :xmouse:

Agent was faster to it than me. :) It looks like it worked okay for him? His contrail picture is 2100 pixels on one side. I'll give it a try once I can, but it looks like it worked alright for him.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2021, 03:37:47 PM »
YAY!!!! I am so happy. That means the gallery will be going with the dodo soon. We can much easier post attachments than fight with the gallery's temperament...LOL :kiss14: