Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated.

They all go to the upkeep of PFD and PFD Delights

They can be set as a monthly donation or as you can give.

Click the button to be taken to Paypal.

Enter any size donation because they are all appreciated and welcome.

Thank you for your donation.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7130
  • Total Topics: 385
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 2
Total: 3

Author Topic: Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2019  (Read 5723 times)

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
Re: Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2019
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2019, 03:15:01 AM »
Are we there yet?  :zipped18:
Not quite. I just started the render…

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 05:27:39 AM »
Okay. Here's my February render. Thanks for the "snow storm, no power," waiver.

I had a tough time naming this one, but finally settled on "The Willow"

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
I am not sure why it would take this long to produce a render. Now that I see it I don't understand why it did not take longer. This is well worth the wait and to think you were going to deprive us of this because of time restraints. This proves abstract and odd can be wonderful. The square pond fits so well. And by the way, this image did make me smile. Not the ha ha smile but the pleased and relaxing type. Thanks for taking the time.

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2019, 01:06:03 PM »
I am not sure why it would take this long to produce a render. Now that I see it I don't understand why it did not take longer. This is well worth the wait and to think you were going to deprive us of this because of time restraints. This proves abstract and odd can be wonderful. The square pond fits so well. And by the way, this image did make me smile. Not the ha ha smile but the pleased and relaxing type. Thanks for taking the time.
In part, it took a long time because the image is so large and I let it render for 15K samples to bring out the fine details in the reflections. 15K samples "only" took 16+ hours because I have a GTX1080.

:9:

I'm now mimicking your pleased and relaxed smile, because I'm delighted you like the image!

Offline DanaTA

• Got There!
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2019, 01:42:01 PM »

Everyone did well!  I wouldn't have thought of most of these ideas for abstract.

Dana

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2019, 02:46:38 PM »
In part, it took a long time because the image is so large and I let it render for 15K samples to bring out the fine details in the reflections. 15K samples "only" took 16+ hours because I have a GTX1080.

:9:

I'm now mimicking your pleased and relaxed smile, because I'm delighted you like the image!

I rarely use Iray. I have an Alienware X51R3 with a GTX 745 (384 cuda cores, 4 gb ram). To render something this size at 15K samples would take 24 - 36 hours. You have two things I don't, talent and patience.

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2019, 03:19:15 PM »
I thought if I waited long enough some one else would post first this month. Than I thought if I wait any longer the month would be over.

Stairway

Yes, yes your suggestion of temporary wings or an escalator is noted.
Now please hurry to the first of the four guardians.
He is a bit grumpy and does not like to be kept waiting.

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2019, 10:15:42 PM »
I was checking for signs of life. Why I stopped here is is a mystery.   :11:  I knew I should have taken the left fork.

Offline DanaTA

• Got There!
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2019, 10:54:09 PM »

Where exactly does this stairway lead?  And do I see a face in the clouds?

Dana

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
Well the stairway leads up of course and I can't tell what you see. I only know what is there.   :zipped18: 

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2019, 11:28:35 PM »
Okay. Here's my February render. Thanks for the "snow storm, no power," waiver.

I had a tough time naming this one, but finally settled on "The Willow"
WOW was that worth the wait L'Adair... Bravoooo... Thanks for posting!

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2019, 11:33:03 PM »
I thought if I waited long enough some one else would post first this month. Than I thought if I wait any longer the month would be over.

Stairway

Yes, yes your suggestion of temporary wings or an escalator is noted.
Now please hurry to the first of the four guardians.
He is a bit grumpy and does not like to be kept waiting.

I always see faces in clouds and mist so this is a particularly great piece of art.. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2019, 11:34:59 PM »
ok... Mine is rather obvious... Sorry it's taken so long for me to get some artwork posted.
ENJOY!
p.s.... Hope we still have some peeps here watching ;)  Still got a week... feel free to join the challenge everyone!

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2019, 03:28:45 PM »
Llola, I think your "found face" is very clever!
 :thumbsup:

I can relate to it taking a while to post some art this month. The topic is relatively easy… with a camera, but quite difficult with 3D. At least, it's difficult to come up with something clever.

I'm still struggling on the second image. So far none of my ideas have panned out when attempting to create them in a scene.

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2019, 03:45:38 PM »
Llola, I think your "found face" is very clever!
 :thumbsup:

I can relate to it taking a while to post some art this month. The topic is relatively easy… with a camera, but quite difficult with 3D. At least, it's difficult to come up with something clever.

I'm still struggling on the second image. So far none of my ideas have panned out when attempting to create them in a scene.

Yeah.. pretty tricky.  I'm struggling with my camera one too... Got a week til the end of the month... I'm sure I'll think of something.. lol

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
Yeah.. pretty tricky.  I'm struggling with my camera one too... Got a week til the end of the month... I'm sure I'll think of something.. lol

Um… Well… If push comes to shove, maybe you can find an open clothes dryer…? ;) lol

Isn't it funny how we see faces in almost everything, almost every day… but not so much this month?

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2019, 11:42:48 PM »
Um… Well… If push comes to shove, maybe you can find an open clothes dryer…? ;) lol

Isn't it funny how we see faces in almost everything, almost every day… but not so much this month?

OMG... yeeeeeeeees... I think I'm gonna go with my gut for the photo one.  I see it every day.  The rendered one will be a challenge.  I told hubby about the dryer... LOL.  Our knobs aren't on the front.. so that won't work for us... LOL  He's struggling with his photo too. 

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2019, 05:13:41 AM »
OMG... yeeeeeeeees... I think I'm gonna go with my gut for the photo one.  I see it every day.  The rendered one will be a challenge.  I told hubby about the dryer... LOL.  Our knobs aren't on the front.. so that won't work for us... LOL  He's struggling with his photo too.

Good luck to you both on the photo front. I'm sure you guys will find something really soon.

And while it's hard to believe, I actually found an environment in my runtime with an element that looks like a face in the right lighting. I'm working on turning it into scene now. It should be completed on time, in spite of the fact I think I'm still in shock!

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2019, 10:56:35 AM »
Good luck to you both on the photo front. I'm sure you guys will find something really soon.

And while it's hard to believe, I actually found an environment in my runtime with an element that looks like a face in the right lighting. I'm working on turning it into scene now. It should be completed on time, in spite of the fact I think I'm still in shock!

LOL... yay.... Maybe I'll try that too... but time is ticking down... still have 6 days though.. right?  lol

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »
Don't you just love lazy days? Time to kick back and unplug, commune with nature; Watch how the fading light paints our work, changing the ordinary into something spectacular…

(Full-size image is huge, but it's necessary if you want to count all the faces on the cliff.)

Offline DanaTA

• Got There!
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2019, 09:35:51 PM »

Well done!

Dana

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2019, 10:30:34 PM »
Don't you just love lazy days? Time to kick back and unplug, commune with nature; Watch how the fading light paints our work, changing the ordinary into something spectacular…

(Full-size image is huge, but it's necessary if you want to count all the faces on the cliff.)

Too many to count... specially if you turn the picture sideways and upside down... (crooks head)... LOL.  Well done L'Adair... I applaud you :)  :clap:  Thanks for sharing!

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2019, 11:30:17 PM »
Thank you both, Dana and Llola.

It was really fun to work on, because I kept finding more faces! Big face, little face, faces in between… (the old jingle for Armour hot dogs springs to mind…)

I even found a face I'm sure was an alien in one of the Star Wars movies!

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2019, 11:05:12 AM »
Thank you both, Dana and Llola.

It was really fun to work on, because I kept finding more faces! Big face, little face, faces in between… (the old jingle for Armour hot dogs springs to mind…)

I even found a face I'm sure was an alien in one of the Star Wars movies!

LOL... I think I know which one!  lol  Glad you had fun... That's what this challenge is all about ;)

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2019, 12:13:08 PM »
ok gang.. 1 more day til we turn out the lights and see what comes out AFTER DARK, for April!!!

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2019, 05:45:14 PM »
Mine is just cooking now ..!  :11:

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2019, 05:54:26 PM »
Sort of a found face, but a bit obvious .. a simple use of a SSS glossy map (edited to trim it a bit, applied to the displacement and bump textures of a multi-poly DAZ primitive plane, with the displacement jacked up a bit.  A fabric shader had been added, and the colour tweaked to give more of a 'realistic' (yeah, right ..!) foliage appearance.
Plus, of course, a face-off for Sackboy and kitteh!

Offline LAdair

• Everywhere
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2019, 06:16:07 PM »
That's very creative, Simon.

:5:

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2019, 07:31:06 PM »
Sort of a found face, but a bit obvious .. a simple use of a SSS glossy map (edited to trim it a bit, applied to the displacement and bump textures of a multi-poly DAZ primitive plane, with the displacement jacked up a bit.  A fabric shader had been added, and the colour tweaked to give more of a 'realistic' (yeah, right ..!) foliage appearance.
Plus, of course, a face-off for Sackboy and kitteh!

oooo aaahhh ..> WOW Simon.. that's is super!!!   Nice to see Kitteh back in the action.  ;)  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Llola Lane

• Forum Moderator
  • Got There!
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2019, 08:36:08 PM »
ok gang.. Easter is over... now it's time to git to renderin'... Theme for April is AFTER DARK!!!  What happens in your neck of the woods after dark?