Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated. They all go to the Attic server fees and upkeep

Thank you for your donation.

Featured Art

March Art Winners!

The Big Picture Thread

* 11minutes 42second render by Llola Lane

+++++++

+++++++

Fantasy Faes

Rainy Nights by DreamWeaver

+++++++

ss-Alien by Sanbie

+++++++

Winners get to choose [1] item from this link: Sponsors Showcase

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9293
  • Total Topics: 481
  • Online Today: 4
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3

Author Topic: April 2024 Show Off Thread = Architecture  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
April 2024 Show Off Thread = Architecture
« on: April 01, 2024, 05:45:30 PM »
Welcome to the April 2024 Show Off Thread = Architecture
Post all of your wonderful images in this thread. Please remember to keep your images kid friendly (PG), as kids can and do view these threads. While this thread does have a challenge theme, you can still post images that are not part of the challenge, and we do wish to see them, and discuss them. Other off topic discussions are also welcome.

All that said the challenge theme for this month is Architecture. This is basically any image that has buildings in it; however, this time the buildings are to be the focal point of these images. It can be a full cityscape, a partial cityscape, a rural scene with a farmhouse, A whole planet that is one giant city, etc. Use your imagination to make your buildings, or other type of architecture unique. As the setting for any architecture is often as important as the buildings themselves, unique settings will be considered to be a bonus, if said setting gives clues to what is done within the architecture shown. If you have architecture that has fully modeled interiors, or you have some interiors that do not have exteriors, images showing those will also be considered as fitting the challenge theme. If you want to build your own architecture, and post images of it here, we welcome all you can post! Oh, and putting some people, animals, robots, machinery, and vehicles into your images to make them more interesting will be considered as a bonus for the challenge. So let's see your Architecture, your densely populated cities, your city ruins, your everyday living in the concrete jungles of the worlds, your homes, your workplaces; whatever it may be. Remember, the buildings need to be the main focus of these images. This theme should be broad enough to make everybody happy.

My first for this month:
City on a Colony World

For any colony to be a success, there must be support from the source of the colony; at least until such time as the colonists are able to handle almost all problems on their own. A good indication that a colony is doing well would be the appearance of cities on the new land, or world. This conlony looks to be doing really well!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
Re: April 2024 Show Off Thread = Architecture
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 06:23:52 PM »
Great theme Agent... I hope to be able to participate this month... Let the artwork be posted!  lol

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
  • Life is a camera,What you focus on will develop
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 08:55:56 PM »
Of course I went to ai...

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 08:58:26 PM »
One I did the other day...I called it Moody Nights...

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 12:45:14 AM »
This is great! I have a good bit of product renders that never got used.

First up is the Ski Resort Chalet;
Every part shown is a custom built model. Rendered in Daz|Studio 2.0 in 2010.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 01:01:17 AM »
Of course I went to ai...

Haaaaaaaa... of course :P 

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 01:02:58 AM »
WOW Mesh.. those are awesome!!!!!!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2024, 01:13:36 AM »
This is great timing... I never got to post this artwork from the Daz+ Inspiration Contest - February 27, 2024 - March 12, 2024

ENJOY!

"Visiting Obelisks at Night"

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2024, 01:18:23 AM »
WOW Mesh.. those are awesome!!!!!!

Thanks Mary, It's alright to call me by my real name, Al. We're all friends here, right? (Sanbie: Don't read that as Artificial intelligence Imagery) :shhhh:

Below is also part of the Ski Resort, but not so much Architectural. Zero post-work on the ones above since they didn't make the cut for product promos.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2024, 01:19:11 AM »
Guess I didn't post these either... From the Daz+ Inspiration Contest - March 05, 2024 - March 19, 2024...

Enjoy!

"Cloned"

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2024, 01:24:39 AM »
"Visiting Obelisks at Night"

That is a great image. Thanks for sharing and glad you got to post it in a challenge.

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2024, 01:37:50 AM »
Here is a very old Poser render of mine.
I am trying to do new stuff but just no inspiration right now

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2024, 01:47:50 AM »
Nice one Dreamweave. Looks like a painting.

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2024, 01:56:41 AM »
Sea Base Construction kit inspired from the game 'SubNautica' and probably one of the best survival games out there.

Offline DreamWeaver

• Everywhere
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2024, 02:34:55 AM »
Nice one Dreamweave. Looks like a painting.
Thanks, it was done for my Mum based of some jigsaws she liked. Ended up taking the better part of a month to put together and render cause my computer was dying by inches and I couldn't work on it more than 5 min at a time without crashing

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2024, 02:56:30 AM »
That is a great image. Thanks for sharing and glad you got to post it in a challenge.

Thanks Al ;)

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2024, 02:57:26 AM »
Here is a very old Poser render of mine.
I am trying to do new stuff but just no inspiration right now

It's new to me Dream... and quite a comfee cottage it must be inside.  I'd live in it :)  Well done.. Thanks for sharing.

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2024, 04:46:38 AM »
Wow...what an extreme lot of awesome images everyone...

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2024, 07:37:10 AM »
I found a freebie on Rendo...it was called Opera house...it was for Daz only...I tried several times to load it...it got so far then Daz crashed...I finally got one rendered...the result isn't great...but I got it done!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2024, 10:07:12 AM »
Al, your images of the Ski Resort are all spot on for the challenge, including the Ski Lift, which does fit into the Architecture theme. You have a building there that houses necessary machinery that allows the lift to work as it is supposed to. The images by Sanbie, Llola, and Dreamweaver, with Architecture all fit the themes also.

I see this challenge is attracting lots of great images. Still no interior shots, though. I hope to see some interiors in this thread.

To give you guys another inspiring Idea, here is one that will get that noodle imagining: Mobile Cities. To see what I mean, find and watch some cuts from a movie titled "Mortal Engines". Hugo Weaving portrays a very bad person in that movie. It is about what is called Predatory Cities; the main one being New London. It chases smaller mobile cities and towns down and ingests them. As the prey cities and towns are disassembled, many things can be found that have high value; like a toaster that is of a well sought after brand, being worth a fortune. Meanwhile the Predator City of New London is bringing the occupants of the prey cities and towns in as new citizens under the rule of the New London government.
Now I'm not saying make your cities copies or similar to the mobile cities in the movie, just make them mobile in one way or another, maybe even hovering, or flying, or even travelling through space. Or they might be floating mobile cities. It is said that aircraft carriers can be considered cities, with the amount of crew they have, especially the supercarriers.

My Pop served aboard the USS Independence, which was the last of the conventional engine supercarriers. That ship had a crew compliment of over 3,000 personnel; definitely city sized. And it could go anywhere on water that would allow a ship of its size to be. With it's own airport, and hangar decks, it could carry a large amount of planes and jets. So to extend the Architecture theme further, SuperCarriers are welcome, including Superhovercarriers, Starcarriers, and any other mobile type of structure that boasts a large personnel occupancy. So too will a large space station be included.

More options are available, Let's see what you can do with them!

Offline sanbie

• HEAD HONCHO
  • *FOUNDER*
  • Got There!
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2024, 10:55:04 AM »
They say there is no place like home...and Eepo agrees...

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2024, 08:04:53 PM »
Agent; I do have one view of the inside looking out. But how about something totally different...

From the game SunkenLand. Building and interior constructed in game and rendered.

All parts (except scenery) available in the 'SunkenLand Construstion Kit' freebie in the Downloads section of my site.

Offline DanaTA

• Got There!
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2024, 08:54:53 PM »
Al...haven't heard from you in a long time!  You know that I closed my website, right?

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2024, 08:55:10 PM »
These are from my 'SkyHab' set.

Time for another 'Name that movie' mini challenge. If you already have this product or reviewed it on my store, you are not eligible to guess.

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2024, 09:00:38 PM »
A couple more showing this SkyHab 3000 feet above sea level.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2024, 01:57:19 AM »
Oblivion with Tom Cruise!  OMG.. What a great movie... Hubby and I have watched it several times... and I think it's about time to watch it again!

Well done Al!

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2024, 06:28:22 AM »
Oblivion with Tom Cruise!  OMG.. What a great movie... Hubby and I have watched it several times... and I think it's about time to watch it again!

Well done Al!

WINNER!

That's correct Mary. I was blown away by this film. The concept and the visuals are outstanding. Loved the plot twist that I never saw coming. Cruise and Riseborough did such a great job with their very convincing character portrayals.

PM me with your pick from my store. Congrats!

Pictures from the movie...

Offline MeshWorks

• Everywhere
    • MeshWorks
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2024, 06:32:05 AM »
Al...haven't heard from you in a long time!  You know that I closed my website, right?

I've been on hiatus for a while. I did see you had closed your store. I've not done a whole lot on mine. Been doing some model work for a couple of gaming companies. Glad to hear from you.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2024, 09:49:12 AM »
Al, is the vehicle also available at your site? If I want the architecture, I want the vehicle too. Will have to watch Oblivion again, as it has been a while since I did. There are some things I cannot recall about that movie.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2024, 09:52:13 AM »
Oh yeah, building construction sets can be used to construct your scenes. As you say you have one available for free at your site, I will be looking into it, and will likely be grabbing it.