Donations

All donations are greatly needed and appreciated. They all go to the Attic server fees and upkeep

Thank you for your donation.

Featured Art

March Art Winners!

The Big Picture Thread

* 11minutes 42second render by Llola Lane

+++++++

+++++++

Fantasy Faes

Rainy Nights by DreamWeaver

+++++++

ss-Alien by Sanbie

+++++++

Winners get to choose [1] item from this link: Sponsors Showcase

Members
  • Total Members: 163
  • Latest: mauduit
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9198
  • Total Topics: 476
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 83
  • (December 24, 2022, 03:52:45 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: The Big Picture Thread for 2019 AND 2020  (Read 21675 times)

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
The Big Picture Thread for 2019 AND 2020
« on: January 21, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »
Here it is already near the end of January and I think we forgot this...I wonder why? Too much merry making...LOL

As such, it has a certain requirement concerning size of image. The requirement is that images you post in this thread must meet a requirement of no less than 2000 pixels in either the vertical or horizontal direction.

The other direction can be less as long as there is one direction that meets the requirement. So you could post an image that is 2000 x 1600, or 1600 x 2000. Images that are larger are allowed, but images that do not meet the minimum pixel size or more in one or the other direction are not to be posted in this thread.

The reason for this requirement is because very large images show greater detail. Comments concerning the images posted here will also be welcome. 

Please keep images you post here clean. No nudity, vulgarity, or extreme violence. Children can view this thread. There are other threads that can be used for such images within the limits of PFDLives TOS.

Have fun and get to posting.
Edited to add 2020 to the mix since we forgot to make a new thread for 2020 images. Thanks to those still adding to this thread.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
Re: The Big Picture Thread for 2019 AND 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 07:21:49 AM »
 :11: wonder how many images can get posted in 10 days? :kiss14:

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:49:27 AM »
:11: wonder how many images can get posted in 10 days? :kiss14:

I will try DA... but I rarely post anything bigger than 1024x1024 cause anything bigger takes so long to render.  I will see what I can come up with ;)  :11:

Offline Agent0013

• Life is full of surprises!
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
Thank you for doing this, DA. Sorry I have not been able to get to it myself. RL has been throwing me in several other directions. I tried a couple of times to get this one started, and was the victim of power interruptions both times. That was about 2 weeks ago.

That said, I'll have an image up for it real soon; in like about 30 minutes or less.

Cheers to all!

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 01:22:55 PM »

Secret Rendezvous Point
Agent Bonnom Blake had reached the hidden water cave four days ago. He knew he had to be there at a time that weather conditions would conceal the arrival of his contact. Today was the first day that such conditions occurred. A fog had come in, and was even present inside the cave.

Bonnom figured this would be the perfect time for his contact to show. So he exited the hidden outpost that was built at the back of the cave, and waited to greet his visitor when she arrived. He would be handing off a micro SD card to her, and then he would receive new orders through her from their superiors.

As expected she arrived in a kayak, wearing a wet suit. He thought she looked good in that outfit, but kept those thoughts to himself. As he handed her the micro SD card, she passed the new orders she carried to him. Not a word was spoken between them. Having remained in her kayak, she then rowed her way out of the water cave.

Bonnom squatted and used the nearby light to look at his new orders. As he always did, he waited a few hours before leaving himself. It would be night time when he slipped unseen from the mouth of the cave, and he would be swimming underwater in his SCUBA gear. For now, he was formulating his plans for the next part of his operation. He knew it would be a difficult one, but he was a seasoned operative, and had built up trust from his targets. Gathering any information on them was always difficult, but it had to be done to ensure the safety of his country.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 04:56:01 PM »
Thank you for doing this, DA. Sorry I have not been able to get to it myself. RL has been throwing me in several other directions. I tried a couple of times to get this one started, and was the victim of power interruptions both times. That was about 2 weeks ago.

That said, I'll have an image up for it real soon; in like about 30 minutes or less.

Cheers to all!

I know you have been having issues...so am I and others. No problem yz know  stick my nose in everything...lol :rofl:

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 04:57:59 PM »
Nice image for sure. I don't do many way big images but have been known too, when Poser behaves itself... :zipped18:

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 06:26:28 PM »
Very nice art and story agent 0013

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »
I did a big slow down on DAZ buying for a while as I was getting more items then I knew what to do with. Today they put up Gia 6 starter bundle for free. So at that price I had to buy it and find something to do with all seven pieces. So this was the result, hope you enjoy and smile. I almost forgot they had teen Jose 6 starter bundle for free also but I already had her pro bundle.

Have a Slice

You come here often sweetie?

Not after tonight. Hey, I know you. Your the captain of the volley ball squad and your dating the captain of the
   football team. Your also a psych major like my sister and your my sisters roommate. Where is she, she's 20
   minutes late, did she put you up to this, Your not really???
Relax sweetness, cheer practice ran late and big sis wanted to freshen up a bit. She asked me to let you know she is on her way and wanted me to keep you entertained.
   Thank goodness, you had me a little worried for a minute.
Now about your last question you asked
   What!!!

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 07:03:23 PM »
oh my...no pressure... now stories are included with the big picture???  LOL.  Love them both!!!  Way to go Agent and Dee.... I give you both an A :)  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 04:28:27 PM »
This is Teen Josie 6 on a pedestal. She's dressed up to the nines, has her hair styled, and a professional makeup job. She's ready for the School Dance at her High School. In her Photo Op she decides to flirt with the camera and whichever boys look at the photos.

Offline Llola Lane

• Got There!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 06:26:58 PM »
now... ain't she a cutie Agent?  Well done.. Thanks for sharing.

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »
Magical OOPS

That is not the correct spell.

Ya think, I have no idea what you did but you need to fix it and get me back now. I am on my way to a very important tea party and I am so very very late.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 10:57:43 PM »
Excellent displacement for the clothing, dll. A nice addition to this thread! Thank you. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 01:17:33 AM »
Well February 17 it is and for some reason the new thread will not behave so I have locked it.

See if you guys/dolls can post your images in here for until the last of February..then when March 1 comes along we will just add a post divider to start March renders.....

I also totally forgot we were going to have this one a year long thread....makes it easier to find.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2019, 02:23:42 AM »
Well February 17 it is and for some reason the new thread will not behave so I have locked it.

See if you guys/dolls can post your images in here for until the last of February..then when March 1 comes along we will just add a post divider to start March renders.....

I also totally forgot we were going to have this one a year long thread....makes it easier to find.

That is how I intended the Big Picture to be; one thread for the whole year. Monthly dividers? I leave that up to you, but I see little need for it.

Will try to upload a file now.

Feelin' Lucky I Am

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2019, 02:29:17 AM »
Yay you did it! By divider I just meant that near the end of the month to make a reply with the next months name like near end of February make a post with MARCH large letters and centered so we know that the following images are for the next month... :OMFG:

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 06:05:48 AM »
This was going to be for Llola's monthly challenge, but it veered away a bit.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »
This was going to be for Llola's monthly challenge, but it veered away a bit.
Simon, This image does not meet the size requirements for this thread. If you have a version that does, please upload it to this thread. I really love this image. If you don't have a larger version, please move it to the February Showoff Thread.

To remind everybody what the size requirements are for this thread, it is at least 2000 pixels either wide or tall, the other direction can be any size including less than 2000 pixels. So you can upload to this thread a picture that measures 1500 x 2000 or larger, or 2000 x 1500 or larger, or 2400 x 1350 or larger, or 1350 x 2400 or larger, etc. The point is that at least one direction must measure no less than 2000 pixels.

Thank you for your understanding.

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 12:02:25 PM »
Simon, This image does not meet the size requirements for this thread. If you have a version that does, please upload it to this thread. I really love this image. If you don't have a larger version, please move it to the February Showoff Thread.

To remind everybody what the size requirements are for this thread, it is at least 2000 pixels either wide or tall, the other direction can be any size including less than 2000 pixels. So you can upload to this thread a picture that measures 1500 x 2000 or larger, or 2000 x 1500 or larger, or 2400 x 1350 or larger, or 1350 x 2400 or larger, etc. The point is that at least one direction must measure no less than 2000 pixels.

Thank you for your understanding.

It is actually 2,000 pixels wide .. honest!  You may need to click on it to expand to full-size; maybe an artefact of the external link to deviantART (I tried to upload it here but it failed twice)

Offline deeleelaw57

• Making it further
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »

A couple of nice images on the same day.
Agent 0013 I like the background grass texture. The green of the grass and the outfit work so well together.
SimonJM, nice atmosphere and I see it took a good women with sword to get you on a short leash.
Both are well done.

Agent, if I right click your image I get a choice to open link in new window. I do not get this with SimonJM render. But, if I left click to enlarge then right click and select inspect from the menu the window shows the size as 2000 x 1600.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »
ok, I think I found it...I have finally gotten the php to allow the larger upload sizes again. BUT the server is the ruler here, hmmmm not sure I like that...LOL

The file size for uploads (which I thought was just for zips) was set to 2MB it is now 3MB and I also changed the title since sometimes it bellyaches if there are too many characters in the name, go figger a picky thing it is.

I uploaded your image SimonJN as an attachment now so it should work for you now.

A WORD ABOUT THE INCREASE OF UPLOAD SIZE:

IF it gets too close to the allowed size it will at times refuse it so be warry of your image size.

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »
A couple of nice images on the same day.
Agent 0013 I like the background grass texture. The green of the grass and the outfit work so well together.
SimonJM, nice atmosphere and I see it took a good women with sword to get you on a short leash.
Both are well done.

Agent, if I right click your image I get a choice to open link in new window. I do not get this with SimonJM render. But, if I left click to enlarge then right click and select inspect from the menu the window shows the size as 2000 x 1600.

That is the usual method of some systems for attachments. It is weird I know, on my Mac and my daughters PC's, we just need to click the image that is attached (you will see the little line bar above the pic) it just opens up then we can click again to enlarge it.

The way Simon's was was hotlinked and it acts just like any other url and opens right up....sometimes in a new window.

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 04:04:22 PM »
Simon, when I clicked on your image before, nothing was happening. Now that DarkAngel has uploaded your image as an attachment, the size does indeed show it to be 2000 px wide, and clicking on it opens it in a new window where I can view it at full size. It really is a great image, and it's awesome how you think outside the box. That is one thing I really like.
 :HappyDance:

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 07:29:37 PM »
Simon, when I clicked on your image before, nothing was happening. Now that DarkAngel has uploaded your image as an attachment, the size does indeed show it to be 2000 px wide, and clicking on it opens it in a new window where I can view it at full size. It really is a great image, and it's awesome how you think outside the box. That is one thing I really like.
 :HappyDance:
Me and kitteh have an arrangement - I think outside the box, he sleeps in it ...  :11:

Offline SimonJM

• Got There!
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »

That is the usual method of some systems for attachments. It is weird I know, on my Mac and my daughters PC's, we just need to click the image that is attached (you will see the little line bar above the pic) it just opens up then we can click again to enlarge it.

The way Simon's was was hotlinked and it acts just like any other url and opens right up....sometimes in a new window.
I had not realised you'd re-uploaded the image for me, thank you!!!!  :thup:

Offline darkangel

• Felinus Carnivorous
  • Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Don't make me eat you.
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 09:16:01 PM »
No problem Simon, let us hope the site decides to behave now...LOL -- as I said I had to rename it since it might not have liked all those characters, who knows anymore. :kiss14:

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 02:10:54 AM »
No problem Simon, let us hope the site decides to behave now...LOL -- as I said I had to rename it since it might not have liked all those characters, who knows anymore. :kiss14:
Am thinking the forum might need a new nickname: "Thylvethter - The Bad Ole Puddy Tat!" LOL

Offline Seliah

• Everywhere
  • Running with the wolves.
    • Childe of Fyre ~ 3D Graphics & More
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2019, 10:38:50 PM »
Well. This started out as an exercise in dynamics (and me playing with the sliders for the advanced controls to figure out what they did). And next thing I knew, my dynamics play (the cloth hanging down the table). morphed into something else entirely.

Image dimensions are 2100 x 1800 pixels.
3delight render.
Postwork in Photoshop

It's something that just took over while I was working with the optitex controls panel. And I think it's too big to post in the other February thread, sooooooo..... I'm putting it here instead, as it fits the criteria nicely. LOL

I'm still not overly happy with the lights. I wanted something completely different for lights, but I couldn't get it to cooperate. So we have this. It's not bad, and I do like it - it's just not what I wanted to do with the lights is all.

"Left Behind."

Offline Agent0013

• Administrator
  • Got There!
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 01:39:23 AM »
Seliah, thank you for uploading your image here. It looks good, but I would expect the dynamic drape of the cloth on the table to be less blurred, since it was the focus of your efforts. Still, the image is pretty awesome nonetheless. Not trying to down you, just help you.

As for whether the image can be uploaded to the February Show Off Thread, even at that size it can. This thread is mainly for big pictures, yes; however, It remains open for images through the year, making it easy to find for viewing images.